Company: MV Transportation
Posted on: June 20, 2022
The Reporting Specialist will prepare all day, weekly and
monthly reports as required. They will use various systems
(including Trapeze, ViewPoint, Transit Miner and the phone system
used by the control center) to collect and compile service data in
to comprehensive and detailed reports. He/She will analyze the data
and make recommendations regarding staffing needs, changes to
non-dedicated assignments, and adjustments to Trapeze parameters,
with the overall goal of service efficiency and performance.Job
- Build appropriate Data Pipelines, Data Exploration, Reports and
Quality Controls to enable self-service
- Business Intelligence using analytical tools and programming
languages like Python, SQL, Power BI, advanced Excel.
- Build automated weekly reports and provide Business
Intelligence on organization's performance by focusing on On Time
Performance, Late Appointments, Key Performance Index, Liquidated
Damages etc. Streamline performance metrics for the company to
comply with the King County's contract terms for the County Wide
- Collaborate across multiple teams to research, architect,
engineer and configure complex data warehouse solutions to
specified requirements in support of business-critical systems with
permanent Business Intelligence systems.
- Provide in-depth analysis and develop processes, tools, and
templates to enable efficient, accurate, and standardized data
analyses and related deliverables; leverages automation to greatest
extent possible. Develop and implement data collection systems and
other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data
quality in complex datasets.
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of information and reporting by
identifying issues and fluctuations with core metrics/KPIs,
facilitates changes, research questions, participate and/or lead
process and data improvement efforts.
- Maintain effective communication with internal organizations,
external vendors/partners and internal staff. Structure and present
complex subjects in a meaningful and comprehensible manner.
- Provide all aspects of Data Management, Data Governance, Data
Intelligence, Knowledge Graphs
- Evaluation of multiple reports and make recommendations for
report consolidations and standardization.
- Write technical documentation in support of the BI solutions
being developed or enhanced.
- Review completed code, documentation, and other deliverables to
ensure that they meet specifications and requirements based on
defined expectations. Ensure best practices are being followed in
developing all layers of a business solution.
- Designing logical and physical database structure to facilitate
analysis of data from both operational and client
- Translate and communicate complex subject matters to technical
and non-technical audiences with demonstrated ability to maintain
and improve the quality and integrity of data collected for
- Work closely with Company's Senior Management to accommodate
their data needs and analysis with a goal of improving the
organizations performance & to help others easily interpret and
understand the data being presented (via SSRS, Power BI and
ViewPoint). Talent Requirements:
- Experience working with complex reporting systems like SSRS,
PowerBI, ViewPoint and transit miner are required
- Ability to independently design, implement and create executive
- A clear understanding of contract requirements relating both to
reporting deliverable and KPIs
- Strong consultative, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Details Oriented, strong organizational skills, absnippility to
multitask; results oriented
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science, or Information Technology or
equivalent experienceAdditional Requirements:
- Must have strong experience utilizing tools and systems on the
MS SQL Server BI Stack, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, T-SQL, Power Pivot, Power
BI, Power Query.
- Deep understanding of database fundamentals, including
relational database design, multidimensional database design, OLTP,
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of related business
- Expertise using data visualization tools such as Power BI, SQL
Service Reporting Service, ViewPoint etc.
- Exceptional technical knowledge of SQL, relational database
structures, data warehousing tools, datamining, and proficiency in
Business Intelligence tools required
- Ability to develop and use structured approaches to identify
root causes and recommend resolutions.
- Work with company leadership to define, launch, and drive
critical strategic, organizational, and operational
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured
and fast-paced environment, ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Research and analyze key performance index.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, data integrity and
accuracy; be results oriented and demonstrate the ability to
- Solid work ethics and ability to use experience, judgment and
skills to work effectively as both a member of a team and
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills: verbal and written.
- Experience drafting/developing requirements (technical,
business specific language/technical documentation)
- Strong Business Acumen, ability to learn business areas
quickly.During the course of employment, employees may receive and
have access to confidential information. All employees are expected
to respect and maintain the confidentiality of non-public customer
and business records and any other information that MV classifies
as confidential.MV Transportation is committed to as policy of
Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an
applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed,
national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability,
veteran or military status, genetic information or any other
legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local
laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this
application is solely to determine suitability for employment,
verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants
may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check
after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Keywords: MV Transportation, Kent , Reporting Specialist, Advertising , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!