Lead Test & Evaluation Engineer
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Boeing Defense, Space and Security is seeking a lead Assembly,
Integration & Test and Engineer (Level 4) in the Puget Sound in
support of multiple Space programs. This position works with an
interdisciplinary team to develop a comprehensive test plan for
unique space platforms. The selected candidate will lead the
integrated assembly, integration and test team to develop and
execute a test plan that supports customer requirements, and is
well integrated with the hardware flow though build-up and
integrated test. This position requires application of skills and
experience to leverage standards, best practices, established
processes and adapt to create specific processes and methods for a
specific platform. This position will closely coordinate with
hardware suppliers, systems, test, and manufacturing engineering
and customers to ensure testing requirements are identified,
incorporated into the design, and also generate and coordinate
necessary facility requirements. This position requires excellent
teamwork and written/oral communications skills to effectively
collaborate with various engineering disciplines, suppliers and
customers. The position requires sound technical judgment and
problem solving skills to generate innovative solutions and to
adapt to failures and issues.Primary Responsibilities
- Lead the planning, development and implementation of the
assembly and integration of satellite subsystems and
- Lead Satellite system and subsystem assembly and integration
procedure development, review and execution.
- Oversee the planning, set up and operations of ESD electronics
labs, satellite clean rooms and environmental component and
spacecraft test chambers.
- Oversee all necessary bus assembly tools, MGSE and other shop
aids as needed.
- Lead the Systems Test Engineering team in the planning,
execution and status of subsystem and system level testing.
- Oversee the selection and scheduling of offsite test
- Oversee the shipping logistics to offsite test sites and launch
- Liaise with all levels of program and engineering staff on
design, assembly and integration matters and support other
teams/disciplines as necessary.
- Apply technical knowledge to determine and set technical
objectives to analyze, investigate and resolve advanced engineering
problems; including future applications, and engineering
developmentsThis position requires an active Top Secret U.S.
Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active
in the past 24 months is considered active.)Basic Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelors of Science degree in Systems Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Software Engineering, Physics or related technical
field of studyPreferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with satellite subsystem and system level
- Launch integration experience
- Experience assembling electronics systems
- Strong hands-on skills, with experience handling space flight
hardware and associated standards and practices
- Previous experience working with thermal chambers, vibration
table, vacuum chambers, or anechoic chambers
- Technical subject matter expertise in space subsystems and
- Experience on rapid development programs
- Experience in successfully delivering flight hardware to
customerTypical Education/Experience:Education/experience typically
acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited
course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics,
physics or chemistry (eg Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years'
related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical
education and experience (eg PhD+4 years' related work experience,
Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET
accreditation is the preferred, although not required,
accreditation standard.Relocation Assistance:This position offers
relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is
available for internal candidates. Drug Free Workplace: Boeing is a
Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are
subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines,
PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies .
*This is a union represented position.
Keywords: BOEING, Kent , Lead Test & Evaluation Engineer, Engineering , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!