BCA Structures Stress Analysis Engineer 2
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.This is a great opportunity to
work in the Commercial Airplanes Washington Design Center, as a
Structures Stress Analysis Engineer.At Boeing, our engineers share
a passion to redefine what's possible. To turn dreams into reality.
To bring cutting edge technology to market. If you are seeking a
dynamic, innovative environment, this opportunity is for you!During
the last 100 years, humans went from walking on Earth to walking on
the moon. With each decade, aviation technology crossed another
frontier and the world was changed. From the depths of the ocean,
to Mars and beyond, Boeing is inspiring the next century of
explorers. Our engineers work on cutting-edge aerospace technology.
We are a team of fast-paced and eager engineers; skilled scientists
and thinkers; bold innovators willing to push boundaries. Join us,
and be part of the team that will change the future of aerospace as
we now know it.Primary Responsibilities:
- Perform structural, systems, or interior analysis using well
defined analysis tools.
- Support test execution and analyze/report test results to
validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and
- Assist with supplier development, test and production
activities and coordination with the supplier to optimize the
design and achieve program goals.
- Define and document certification and test results to
substantiate compliance to customers' and regulatory agencies'
(FAA, EASA, and other national agencies) requirements.
- Support production and provide technical solutions, including
involvement in factory build, test and associated
- Help develop new materials, methods, tools, and designs to
support future programs.The position must meet Export Control
compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22
C.F.R. - 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen,
lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylum.Basic Qualifications
(Required Skills/ Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in one of the following engineering
majors. Mechanical, Aerospace, Civil, or Material Science (with
composite focus), and select Structures degrees.
- 2 or more years' of experience in aircraft structure, materials
and properties, design criteria and release processes.
- 2 or more years' in aircraft structural analysis.Preferred
Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working with finite element models/simulations using
NASTRAN/PATRAN, ABAQUS, Hypermesh.
- Experience with 3D modeling such as CATIA/ENOVIA for model
interrogation and verification.
- Experience with Boeing specific applications such IAS, CWS, SA
- Combination of Metallic and Composite experiences is
- Programming experience such as VBA, Python, and others.
- Experience/Familiarity with structural design principles for
aircraft primary structures (e.g., fatigue, damage tolerance,
corrosion, stress analysis, statics, materials strength, material
characteristics, and repair techniques).
- Experience/Familiarity in Airplane Design, Stress Analysis,
Liaison Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering strongly
- Experience with Boeing 7-Series Aircraft Primary Structures is
- Strong written, verbal communications and presentation
skills.Typical Education/Experience:Education/experience typically
acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited
course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics,
physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years'
related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical
education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET
accreditation is the preferred, although not required,
accreditation standard.Relocation:This position offers relocation
based on candidate eligibility. -Shift: This position is for 1st
shift.Union:This is a union represented positionDrug Free
Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer
applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana,
cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is
met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors,
military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by
Keywords: BOEING, Kent , BCA Structures Stress Analysis Engineer 2, Engineering , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!