Quality Engineers (Junior - Kent, WA - Relocation Available)
Company: Parker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Quality Engineers (Junior - Kent, WA - Relocation
Available)Location : KENT, WA, United States
Job Family : Engineering
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Jul 9, 2022
Job ID : 34040Back to Search ResultsJob DescriptionApply Now >
Save Job Job Saved Are you ready to join an industry-leading global
company that believes in empowering its employees?
Are you prepared to use your inquisitive nature and strong work
ethic to help our team solve the world's greatest engineering
Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of
motion and control technologies and systems, providing
precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile,
industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50
countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual
dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years,
among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the
S&P 500 index.
Our global success relies on empowered employees operating in an
environment that breeds ideas and solutions, and we take every
possible action to ensure this happens, and we invest in our
employees to ensure they are the best in the industry.
A career at Parker Aerospace is rife with rewards and
opportunities. Parker understands that solving the world's greatest
engineering challenges requires an inquisitive and intelligent
We seek very smart people who also have the equally impressive
characteristic of humility.
We solve our customer's challenges as teams, working together to
ask the questions that have never been asked before to make a
better tomorrow. Position Summary
- Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality standards
and evaluation methods for products and processes.
- Provides moderately complex statistical information for quality
improvement by determining and applying testing methods and
- Coordinates and guides technical evaluations, analysis, and
related data acquisition processes to ensure division quality
objectives are achieved.
- Assesses quality performance (or cost-of-quality) using
statistical and analytical methods.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting,
testing, and evaluating the precision, reliability, and accuracy of
products, processes, and production equipment.
- Develops and establishes quality systems and procedures,
inspection plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans
cost estimates, and technical quality plans for proposals.
- Ensures that project and/or process control documentation is
compliant with requirements and/or contract.
- Assesses the cost of, and determines the responsibility for,
products or materials that do not meet required standards and
specifications by performing statistical analyses.
- May establish statistical confidence by identifying sample size
and acceptable error and determining levels of confidence.
- Assures the timely processing of nonconforming materials and
assists in the disposition process by participating in failure
analysis and corrective action investigations as a member of the
Material Review Board.
- Verifies compliance and effectiveness of the quality system by
performing supplier audits and surveys.
- May initiate programs to improve supplier performance.
- May design or specify inspection and testing mechanisms and
equipment and conduct quality assurance tests.
- Develops experiments by applying factorial or other techniques
as appropriate for product or process.
- Participates on product development teams to review engineering
releases and changes, manufacturing methods, planning, and process
specifications as it relates to product quality.
- Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and
sequential sampling methods.
- Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and
instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality
- Develops statistical process controls by applying and
maintaining applicable control charts.
- Analyzes data and trends by completing hypothesis, normal
distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
- Refines and enhances products and processes by applying
continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production
principles and techniques to areas of production.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data
and making recommendations.
- Provides information and develops corrective action measures by
interfacing with customers and regulatory agencies and assisting in
internal and external audits.
- Shares specialized knowledge with others.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project
team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
- Citizenship: US Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Engineering or a related technical
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically
acquired through 1 or more years of related experience
- Practical knowledge of state-of-the-art inspection and quality
engineering/assurance techniques, procedures, instruments,
equipment, theories, principles and concepts and general business
- Knowledge of aerospace industry or similar industry products
and legal and regulatory requirements related to field.
- Ability to use standard business software applications and/or
specialized data analysis tools.
- Ability to work on a variety of problems of moderate scope and
complexity where analysis of the situation or data requires
thorough identification of factors and analysis of impact; work
within general work objectives regarding projects and team
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and
technical journals, and financial reports. Ability to effectively
communicate and present information to team members, team leaders,
and top management; respond to significant inquiries or complaints
from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business
- Ability to interpret a broad variety of technical instructions
in mathematical or diagram form that include several abstract and
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to use full discretion in selecting procedures and
techniques to apply to work and determine priority and order of
- Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and
participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and
self-development activities. Come join the Parker Aerospace
- We believe in the importance of work life integration and
support a 9/80 Alternative Work Schedule (AWS) as well as hybrid
virtual work arrangements.
- Interested in furthering your education? We offer up to $10,000
in tuition reimbursement per calendar year as well as education
- Work hard, play hard! We enjoy celebrating our employees for
all that they do. You can look forward to various social committee
activities throughout the year including an End-of-Year BBQ,
Halloween Contest, Holiday Party, etc.
- Dress for your Day - we offer flexibility in your options for
work attire including being able to wear jeans throughout the work
- We offer competitive vacation and 13 paid holidays - enjoy time
off with family and friends during the company-wide holiday shut
down at the end of the year.
- Take advantage of our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which
is a free, confidential service provided to employees and their
family members to help deal with any personal problems at work or
- Grab a bite to eat at the on-site cafeteria that provides a
wide array of breakfast, lunch and snacks. We also have a mini mart
on the production floor as well as vending machines on all floors
if you need to satisfy a sugar craving.
- Stay healthy with wellness! Earn rewards for participating in
health and emotional wellbeing challenges, receive an annual
biometric screening, and enjoy access to our basketball hoops, a
volleyball court, and baseball field.
- Employee discounts on various services (car purchases, computer
purchases, life adventures, etc.)
- 401(k) with a 5% matching contribution with immediate investing
in addition to a 3% RIA match (overall 8% company match)!
- Competitive annual bonus incentive plan.
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug
benefits and 100% preventive care.
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and
control technologies. For more than a century the company has been
enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow.
Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin. Parker is an Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to
ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and
employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons
regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity,
genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected
by law. This position is subject to meeting export compliance
eligibility requirements. ("Minority / Female / Disability /
Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor") If you would like more
information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant
under the law, please go to
Save Job Job Saved
Keywords: Parker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Group, Kent , Quality Engineers (Junior - Kent, WA - Relocation Available), Engineering , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!