GCC- Sales Engineer
Company: Employee Owned Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: January 24, 2023
GCC is looking for candidates who want to start on the journey
to build a successful sales career with our 100% employee owned
company. GCC has offices in Tampa, Miami, Spokane, Seattle and
Portland - providing motion control solutions for hydraulic,
pneumatic and electrically powered applications. Our northwest
division specializes in hydraulic solutions for the aerospace,
machine tool, forestry and marine industries. Our team is growing,
and we are proud to be a 100% employee owned company - every
employee has skin in the game.The sales engineer will start off
with an inside sales role with the goal of learning about
customers, products and skills necessary to move into an outside
sales role within 1-2 years of hire. GCC will facilitate rotational
duties in repair & production for hands-on training as well as
shadowing management and outside sales. The sales engineer will be
expected to pass the Fluid Power Certification from IFPS and
demonstrate competency with products, vendors and sales skills to
move to an outside role. This is an exciting opportunity to learn
industrial sales in a supportive environment with training
- Supporting current outside sales employees with customer
support to large OEM accounts - including order expediting, order
status questions, providing quotes and assisting with additional
customer information as requested.
- Answering incoming calls for sales, service, product
availability, order expediting, credit issues, managing orders in
the ERP system and creating quotes.
- Find new business leads from incoming requests for quotes &
- Cross sell and upsell products and value-added services as
- Support and participate in the organization's continual
improvement program to conform to ISO 9001 requirements and Quality
- Complete rotations in production and repair departments to
assist with teardowns, product modifications and building
subassemblies, to learn how products and systems function.
- Attend sales training as assigned, study fluid power basics
achieve Fluid Power Specialist certification (as designated by the
International Fluid Power Society).
- Shadow outside sales and assist with in-person customer
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in Industrial Distribution,
Engineering or other applicable field of study.Experience:
- Entry level position - considering recent college
- Experience with technical concepts (fluid power experience
- Customer service work experience Skills Preferred:Intelligence
- Mechanical aptitude and hands-on experience
- Commitment to academic achievement
- Ability to problem solve/learn new concepts Personality
- Charisma - likability and ability to engage with others
- Empathy - relating to customer & coworkers
- Confidence - owning accomplishments and ability to take risks
in new challenging situations Drive
- Hunter mentality, looking for the big fish, competitive
- Resilience - demonstrated ability to overcome "no" and
persistence to win in the face of rejection
- Discipline to follow-up, ability to put in the extra hours to
ensure customers get the best level of service. Benefits:We offer a
competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental,
vision, life and disability insurance, and 401(k) plans with
company match. A unique benefit GCC offers as part of Employee
Owned Holdings, Inc. is participation in the employee stock
ownership plan. What is an ESOP? ESOP is a special retirement
program that allows employees to own rights in the stock in the
company. When you join EOHI, you automatically begin investing in
your future (without having to purchase shares). We are a high
growth company committed to training our employee owners to develop
their skills and advance in their careers.
- Studies also show that retirement account balances for ESOP
companies are 2.5 times higher.
- ESOP companies grow 2.5 times faster than those companies
without employee ownership.
- Research shows employee owned companies are superior in
performance, employee benefits and employee morale because everyone
is working towards a common goal.
Keywords: Employee Owned Holdings, Inc., Kent , GCC- Sales Engineer, Engineering , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!