Branch Manager 1, AVP
Company: Nuvision Federal Credit Union
Posted on: April 10, 2021
The BM I, AVP position typically exists in a small-to-medium
size single location, existing branch, where the staff is
equivalent to not more than 6 full and part time employees and may
include: Relationship Specialists, Branch Team Lead, Relationship
Managers and an Assistant Branch Manager. Under limited supervision
and within established guidelines, the BM I, AVP assists the VP of
Sales in all assigned areas of branch operations by leading and
implementing the established branch sales, service and business
plans and increasing market visibility and awareness in designated
areas by representing the credit union through civic involvement,
Chamber Membership, and community relations. The BM I, AVP position
may be required to provide coverage for a larger branch or BM II,
AVP position on an as-needed basis and is required to be able to
perform all job functions within the branch for which he/she is
responsible. The BM I, AVP maximizes the return on credit union
human and financial resources in the development and implementation
of a branch sales and business plan corresponding with sales
huddles, community grassroots activity and business development.
The BM I, AVP also seeks out new SEG/individual business
opportunities leading to membership, deposit and loan growth. The
BM I, AVP promotes products and services to achieve established
annual goals. The BM I, AVP develops employees to ensure they can
deliver quality service to the membership at all times executing
the Service and Sales Standard Documents strategies. They plan,
control and direct the activities of branch personnel towards the
attainment of all branch goals, including minimum performance
standards for sales and referrals, member service and risk
management. The BM I, AVP oversees daily operations and ensures
compliance with credit union policies and procedures in accordance
with established daily, weekly and monthly audit checklists. The
value the BM I, AVP adds to the organization is to allow for
in-person, personalized service and provide active liaisons with
business and community organizations towards helping to create
credit union awareness and garnish new business. Also, the BM I,
AVP develops, coaches and empowers staff towards reaching
needs-based sales using referrals / sales of other Credit Union
products and services that support various production
- Provides leadership and directs the day-to-day operations of
sales and service functions within the branch that assures a high
degree of member retention.
- Conducts outside business development functions and local
grassroots activities that assure a high degree of new member /
- Ensuring that data reported on Dashboard and other sales
reports is accurately stated and reviews results daily.
- Develops staff by providing continuous training and
opportunities for growth; coaches, counsels and mentors staff to
enhance service, sales, and performance results. Fosters an
environment for employee empowerment.
- Leads weekly staff meetings to maintain effective
communication, holds one-on-one monthly / quarterly individual
meetings and ensures daily sales huddles.
- Responsible for development of all branch budgets and
monitoring all variance reports.
- Provides quick turn around and professional responses to
complex and sensitive service issues. Uses sound judgment when
investigating and resolving service matters, while striving to
obtain an equitable resolution and assure a high degree of member
- Supports, promotes, recommends, and participates in branch and
company events; provides planning and coordination support to event
coordinators. Attends civic and community functions; maintains
active liaisons with business and community organizations. This
includes supporting business partners such as investment auto
brokers and mortgage Loan Consultants.
- Writes and delivers performance evaluations, recommends
promotions, salary increases and development action plans; recruits
and conducts interviews and makes recommendations for hiring and
- Attends and participates in all required meetings.
- Determines, sets and monitors individual staff goals.
- Ensures execution of sales/retail environment; ensures accurate
and consistent tracking of sales and marketing programs.
- Attends and participates in all required training.
- Represents the Credit Union in a positive and professional
- Maintains member and other sensitive information with
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Treats all co-workers and members with respect.
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement
- 3+ years in a financial institution, including two (2) years
supervisory experience at a Branch Supervisor level, outside
Business Development, experience in a sales culture and supervised
at least 5 people of which at least 1 must be a
- Solid working knowledge of all depository and loan products,
knowledge of Branch Operations in a financial institution, share
insurance and regulations.
- Proficiency with PC and Microsoft applications including
Outlook, Word and MS Excel.
- Effective team-builder and demonstrated ability to empower and
- Able to interface and communicate with a diversified workforce,
all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to build relationships.
- Critical thinking skills, able to resolve problems
independently, able to coordinate and manage multiple priorities
and projects simultaneously with effectiveness, excellent
organization skills, ability and willingness to make decisions that
can impact the entire organization and be accountable, able to work
in a fast paced, dynamic environment, willing to work flexible
hours and fill in where needed.
- Sales and Service Training.
- NMLS RegisteredEducation: Associates Degree or some college
level coursework along with related experienceWebsite:
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Training Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement Covid-19 Precaution(s):
- Remote Interview Process (some positions vary)
- Social Distancing and Mask Guidelines in place
Keywords: Nuvision Federal Credit Union, Kent , Branch Manager 1, AVP, Executive , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!