VP of Customs Brokerage
Company: CS Recruiting
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Our client represents the best in Customs Brokerage,
International Freight Forwarding, NVOCC, and IAC services. They
offer a full suite of fully integrated services focused entirely
upon providing customized and consultative services to their
clients, streamlining the shipping experience, and reducing the
costs of their clients' supply chain.
Job Type: Full-time
VP of Customs Brokerage
This will be responsible for overall Customs compliance for the
company and compliance guidance for clients and staff. This
individual will establish, communicate, and maintain corporate
standards related to Customs and PGA entry, and customer service;
as well as educate and support operations staff regarding Customs
and PGA compliance. This position will support sales staff with
technical expertise and enhance interdepartmental coordination to
improve and maintain excellent levels of customer service,
maximizing profit by enhancing efficiency and effectiveness of CHB
- Develop and implement entry audit procedures for compliance and
- Develop and document standard procedures related to Customs/PGA
entries and recordkeeping; modify procedures as required when
Customs and PGA regulations change.
- Train staff in proper entry preparation in areas such as
classification, value, origin, PGA's, FTA's and new Customs
- Ensure duty is paid on time using system-generated management
- Monitor Federal Register Notices, CSMS messages and other
sources to stay up to date on Trade and Compliance issues.
- Inform clients when notable Customs or PGA updates will affect
- Assist clients with Customs and PGA compliance issues.
- Collaborate with the IT department to maintain or enhance
system abilities to efficiently generate accurate and compliant
- Collaborate with managers of other departments to maintain or
improve customer services standards as they relate to
interdepartmental operations; promote uniformity of procedures
throughout the company.
- Manage petitions for mitigation of penalties.
- Maintain Customs license, permits, and bonds for the
- Monitor compliance of CFS warehouse including OS&D policies
- Regular review of, and follow up to, management reports related
- Assist with the growth and marketing of our client's company
through independent and joint sales efforts with the sales
- Support and actively comply with the security duties and
responsibilities described in the C-TPAT Security Program.
- 5+ years of management experience in a Customs Brokerage
- PGA experience, especially FDA, APHIS, F&W, EPA, DOT.
- Experience with post summary, protests, Petitions for
- Solid knowledge of all regulatory aspects related to
- Advanced proficiency in Excel required.
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to:--Freight Forwarding, International Freight, Domestic
Freight, Air Freight, Ocean Freight, Domestic, International,
International Shipping, Steamship, Logistics, Customs, Customs
Brokerage, Import, Export, Air, Ocean, NVOCC,--Freight, Freight
Brokerage, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics, Logistics,
Transportation, Transportation Brokerage, Trucking, Trucking
Brokerage, Truckload Brokerage, Supply Chain, Supply Chain
Solutions, 3PL, Third Party Logistics, Shipping, Non-Asset,
Non-Asset Brokerage, OTR,--Air Export, Air Import, Global Export
Shipment, Air Freight, Air Cargo, International, Customs, CTPAT,
TSA,--Ocean Export, Ocean Import, Global Export Shipment, Ocean
Freight, Ocean Containers, International, Customs,
CTPAT,--Director, Regional Director, Senior Director, Leadership,
Leader,--VP, Vice President, Regional Vice President, President,
Executive, Leadership, Leader
Keywords: CS Recruiting, Kent , VP of Customs Brokerage, Executive , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!