Director of Children's Discipleship
Company: Kent United Methodist Church
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Employment Opportunities - Kent United Methodist Church
- About Us
- Creation Care
- Give Now
- Outreach Employment Opportunities
Director of Children's DiscipleshipKent United Methodist Church
(www.kentmethodist.com ) is seeking a Director of Children's
Discipleship to join our staff team. The ideal candidate will be
excited about building authentic relationships with children, from
birth to 6th grade, and their families that model and foster a life
of discipleship in accordance with our mission to make disciples of
Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. The Director of
Children's Discipleship is directly responsible for overseeing the
Children's Ministries of Kent UMC, specifically:
- Developing relationships with all KUMC children and their
families in order to facilitate the formation of lifelong,
life-giving, personal, transformational relationships with God in
- Recruiting, training and nurturing an effective team of
- Integrating children and whole families into every aspect of
the life of the church.
- Overseeing the church's Children's Choir Director, nursery and
staff, and acting as church liaison and board member with our Mom's
Day Out program and scouting programs.
- Preparing and managing the children's ministry budget and
- Infusing a joyful and welcoming atmosphere into all children's
- Overseeing children's special events/activities including the
children's Christmas program. The Director of Children's
Discipleship will achieve these initiatives by:
- --Regularly praying for KUMC children, families, volunteers,
and the children's discipleship programs, and facilitating a joyful
and welcoming presence within children's ministry, in order to
change the world, one child at a time.
- Providing leadership, training, resources, spiritual support,
and encouragement to the volunteers and paid staff working within
the area of children's ministry, including obtaining and
distributing Sunday school curriculum, holding monthly teacher
meetings and team fellowship opportunities.
- Being a central presence on Sunday mornings, welcoming
families, answering questions, and assisting volunteers.
- Being part of worship by writing and presenting the weekly
Children's Sermon, and coordinating the acolyte ministry.
- Coordinating child oriented, family centered worship and
- Ensuring that news, key information and priorities are
communicated clearly to families and leaders through personal,
electronic, social, and print media.
- Working with the pastor and other church staff in developing
and leading programs to incorporate children and whole families in
all phases of the life and worship of the church. Position
Experience-3-5 years of successful Children's Ministry
Compensation-commensurate with experience
Job Type-part time (25-30 hours per week)Application-send your
resume and cover letter to email@example.com or by
mail:Kent United Methodist Church
11010 SE 248th St
Kent WA 98030
Kent United Methodist Church is a welcoming and affirming church
that takes being the hands and feet of Christ in the world
seriously. We are committed to practice the Love-Grow-Serve-Share
Journey of Christian discipleship. Downloadable Job Description
Digital Media and Communications Director Kent United Methodist
Church (www.kentmethodist.com ) is seeking a Digital Media and
Communications Specialist to join our staff team. The ideal
candidate will have a passion for communicating using verbal,
written and electronic methods and promote the Kent United
Methodist Church's mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for
the transformation of the world.Responsibilities of this
PositionSupport Video Needs of the ChurchProduction and
post-production of Sunday worship services and other special
services/events. Includes: shooting, editing, streaming, uploading,
cataloging, and filing videos/recordings for future use. Editing
may include the compilation of multiple professional and amateur
videos, slides, music, and special effects. Amateur submittals may
be filmed using smartphones and cameras at home and could be in a
variety of formats.
- Produce video resources for internal and external ministry and
- Maintain church's video library/database.
- Maintain video/recording equipment. Ensure proper and secure
storage.Manage Website, Social Media, and Online
- Design and oversee the development of content and look of the
church app, website, and social media including posts on social
networking services as Instagram and Facebook.
- Manage office staff to implement the content and design of
church app, website, and social media.Develop a Strategy for
Building Internal/External awareness and Participation in Church
- Participate in developing a general communication strategy for
- Help worship, music staff, and program staff to design all
events with an eye toward use of digital media and sound tech.
- Working with the Pastor and other Directors, resource the
Inviting, Welcoming, Discipleship, and Congregational Care Teams of
KUMC to guarantee the success of our disciple-making systems.
- Support the Pastor and other Directors in communicating and
teaching the Jesus Way of discipleship practiced at Kent UMC to
expand the mission-based culture (outlined in the church
covenant).Recruit and Nurture an Effective Team
- Identify, recruit and train additional resources from the
congregation for support.
- Schedule and manage volunteers who staff the audio-visual needs
for Sunday worship and other special church activities and
events.Perform Administrative Duties
- Responsible to track and report to church leaders key analytics
and statistics from the various online platforms and help design
new online media strategies.
- Prepare and manage the audio-visual/digital media budget.
- Abide by the Personnel Policies and Safe Church Policies of
Kent United Methodist Church
- Attend staff and leadership meetings as appropriate and
collaborate with Lead Pastor, Directors, Staff, and other Church
Leaders as necessary.Spiritual and Technical Growth
- Continue to grow in knowledge and skills for discipleship,
Christian Leadership, and vital ministry in the local church. Model
- Stay up to date with new media and technological
advances.Qualifications for this Position
- Background in design and creation in the areas of videography,
sound, social media and website applications and platforms.
- Knowledge of uploading to applications such as YouTube, Vimeo,
and other types of media.
- Experience with sound systems.Details of this Position
- Compensation: TBD - Based on skill and experience.\
- Work Schedule: 30 hours/week. Work schedule to be
self-determined in coordination with Pastor.
- Must be available on Sundays and major Christian Holidays or
ensure coverage with volunteers.Application-send your resume and
cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail: Kent United
11010 SE 248th St
Kent WA 98030 Downloadable Job Description Location11010 SE 248th
Kent, WA 98030
general@KentMethodist.comif you are trying to contact Kent United
Methodist Church in Kent, Ohio,
please click here SOCIAL MEDIAFACEBOOK December 2020
Today Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa 29 30 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 Click on the calendar to find out what is happening. SERVICE
SCHEDULEOn Website Sunday starting at 9 amDirectory
Keywords: Kent United Methodist Church, Kent , Director of Children's Discipleship, Executive , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!