Ops Manager Hauling
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: January 7, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: Within a business unit, the Operations Manager
- Hauling is responsible for managing the collections activities
for commercial, industrial and residential customers, as well as
container delivery and pick up, in a geographically dispersed area.
The position manages a team of Operations Supervisors, ,
Dispatchers, Operations Clerks, Drivers and Helpers who are
responsible for the route system for commercial, roll-off and
residential customers throughout the business unit. The Operations
Manager - Hauling works with his or her General Manager, and other
managers in the business unit, to execute a local market strategy
that complements the Area's overall strategic operating and
marketing plans and implements tactical initiatives to drive
functional excellence and budget achievement. The Operations
Manager - Hauling oversees all matters related to collections
operations,effective safety and accident prevention programs,
compliance with standards and drives change management initiatives
that contribute to the growth and durability of the business
- Manages a staff, including hiring, training, coaching,
performance management; develop supervisory goals and objectives;
and effective resolution of safety issues and claims.
- Implement and execute plans to complement the business unit's
strategic and operating plan; champion the execution of tactical
initiatives within the Business Unit to maximize the customer
experience, growth and durability, while optimizing
- Ensure maximum productivity and route management systems for
commercial, roll-off and residential routes and establish
productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence to operating
standards; and manage labor hours and disposal expenses.
- Interact with customers and local, state and federal government
employees to resolve customer service concerns; ensure regulatory
compliance standards are met.
- Oversee effective safety and accident prevention programs to
ensure all reasonable action are taken to prevent accidents and
injuries; ensure a safe and productive work environment for all
employees; implement and maintain and effective loss control and
- Lead operations to ensure compliance with all standards
including environmental, operating, regulatory, safety, accounting
- Approve expenses and manage budget for the operations
department including approval of purchase orders and vendor
- Develop a best-in-class team and workplace culture and
effectively manage performance and talent development; drive
- Build and maintain strong and effective relations with relevant
government, community and environmental groups
- Demonstrated business acumen, strategic thinking and an ability
to execute against formulated strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change initiatives.
- Able to direct large staff.
- Is process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and
pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to
organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and
- Demonstrated ability to optimize near-term results that
contribute to long-term sustainable success.
- Is collaborative; builds and works with teams.
- Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions.
- Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
- Has strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent,
with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performance
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering or
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory or management experience or
participation in Republic Services' management trainee program.
Salary Range: Bonus Plan Details (if applicable): Bonus - MIP, 20%
AnnualRepublic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Kent , Ops Manager Hauling, Executive , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!