Company: WAGI Washington Gastroenterology
Posted on: June 13, 2022
Job DescriptionWashington Gastroenterology believes that
digestive health is the foundation for a healthy life. We are
committed to improving the quality of life and longevity of our
patients and our communities through the prevention, detection, and
treatment of gastrointestinal diseases. We are WAGIWashington
Gastroenterology is seeking a full-time Certified Medical Assistant
to join our Covington Clinic team! The Certified Medical Assistant
provides direct patient care in the Medical Office setting by using
sound judgment and cognitive abilities to make patient care
decisions based on scientific nursing knowledge, consistent with
the needs of the patient. If you are selected for the position,
WAGI is offering a New Hire Incentive Bonus of $3,000 for qualified
individuals (must be new hires to the organization and full-time).
Details to be discussed. Responsibilities
- Prepares patient for examination by greeting patient in a
positive, professional manner, gathering patient vitals, including
weight, blood pressure, pulse rate, and respiration's, and
escorting patient to exam room.
- Updates and documents patient's current medications, problem
list, allergies, and health history, and relevant problems and/or
complaints in the patient medical record.
- Provides instruction, education, and direction to patients on
routine medical questions, procedures and ordered tests.
- Assists patients with prescription refill requests within
Washington Gastroenterology policy.
- Manages nursing in-box requests and maintains the sample
medication supplies and the patient care supply inventory.
- Supports administrative functions of the medical office by
assisting the administrative staff when needed.
- Obtains insurance authorization for necessary medications
prescribed by Washington Gastroenterology providers.
- Schedules patient procedure, lab, and x-ray appointments, as
well as follow-up visits for the patient. Assures the patient is
scheduled at the appropriate facility, that the patient is aware,
and that the information is documented in the medical record.
- Obtains pre-procedure medical clearance from outside providers
for patients with cardiac and other high-risk modalities.
- Documents all patient care encounters accurately, completely,
and in a timely manner.
- Maintains exam rooms, cleansing between patients and restocking
as needed. Qualifications
- Graduate of accredited Medical Assistant program
- Previous experience in a clinical setting preferred
- Current license as a CMA in the State of Washington
- Current BLS certification Physical Activities and Requirements
- Occasional travel may be required to other local locations on
an as-needed basis to back-fill for vacations, etc.
- Ability to stand and walk throughout the day, up to 8 hours per
- Prolonged periods of sitting and performing administrative
duties including the use of computers
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, and reach
- Able to lift and carry supplies and equipment as needed (up to
- As a healthcare organization, the candidate must be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 no later than October 18, 2021. WAGI
will consider requests for religious or medical accommodation
exemptions from this requirement as allowed under the Mandate at
the time of Job Offer through Human Resources. Washington
Gastroenterology has an excellent benefit package that includes the
- Closed for major holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription
- Life Insurance coverage
- Long Term Disability coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) retirement program with profit sharing
- Paid Time Off – 4 weeks in your first year
- Monday – Friday Schedule with no evenings
Keywords: WAGI Washington Gastroenterology, Kent , Medical Assistant-MA, Healthcare , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!