Home Health Aide
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Competently, reliably and safely provide in-home services
including personal care, housekeeping, meal preparation and
laundry, and companionship to Home Health and Home Care clients
according to a written Plan of Care. Approach all clients/residents
with care, compassion, and a commitment to fulfilling their care
needs. Recognize and report any physical or environmental changes
that might adversely affect the client.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSFollow
the Plan of Care initiated by the RN/LPN or Director for each
client. Activities and care may include, but are not limited to the
- Personal Care Duties
- Baths, showers, toileting, dressing/undressing, skin care, and
other personal care needs.
- Shopping and/or meal preparation.
- Medication reminders.
- Resident safety checks as assigne
- Reporting changes in physical, mental or emotional condition to
Wellness Nurse, Unit Manager, and/or WHCHS offic
- Documentation of visits and care given/refused and
arrival/departure times as required.
- Weight and vital signs as directed.
- Assist with gait, including proper use of walkers or other
- Position in bed, assist with ROM or other routine exercise
programs as directed.
- Provide all tasks within licensed scope of practice in a home
- Provide foot/nail care as instructed by supervisors and per
Plan of Care. l.
- Follow universal precautions.m.
- Knowledgeable of and follows emergency procedures.
- Housekeeping Duties
- Assist in maintaining neat, orderly, and safe environment in
each client's home.
- Housekeeping, laundry, meal preparation, grocery shopping,
errands as requested by client and included in Plan of Care.
- Maintain a written log with receipts of all client money used
to purchase goods or materials for client's care.
- Performs other duties as requested and as indicated on Plan of
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion with a passing grade of an NAC training
program.Licensure, Registration, Certification
- Possess and maintain Washington state NAC or HCA (Home Care
- Maintain annual requirements for TB, CPR/First Aid, and
- Have a valid Washington State Driver's license or have access
to public transportation unless assignments can be made within
- Ability to safely drive a car if applicable and provide proof
of current automobile insurance.Special Training/Skills
- Recognize and report adverse changes to RN/LPN - Wellness Nurse
(campus) or Home Health office (after hours for Wellness Nurse and
for all off-campus clients).
- Must be able to read and write in English and to communicate
with clients / patients / staff / coworkers / agency staff.
- Must be able to remain calm under stress.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.Work
- Able to perform duties within the scope of practice of
- Follow written Plan of Care completely, reliably and
- Must be able to get paperwork/client documentation to office
within specified time worked (must be in by end of week
- Must use telephone for documenting time in/out.
- Ensures confidentiality of client records/information.
- Document time-in and time-out for each client.
- Cooperative and courteous to clients and their support team
- Must wear WHCHS name/picture badge at all times while
- Report to work on time; be neat, clean and well groomed, follow
dress code if indicated.Physical Demands
- Ability to give all direct client care within scope of license
and according to written Plan of Care.
- Ability to move about in congested areas.
- Freedom from communicable infection(s).
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop and squat for client care and
- Sit for charting, phone use, feeding of residents and computer
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. PM21 PI191728777
Keywords: Wesley, Kent , Home Health Aide, Healthcare , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!