Food Service Worker, Secondary - NS2148
Posted on: November 19, 2021
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This KSFSA food service position is open
to in-district food service employees and food service substitutes
only.ASSIGNMENT: This KSFSA food service position is 6 hours per
day, 9 months per year. Under the direction of the secondary field
manager or their designee this position perform duties required for
meal production and service in order to support the nutrition
program offered to the students and staff of the Kent School
District including meals for special programs, catering and BBQ's.
Assist in the set-up, production and/or preparation of food,
serving of meals and perform clean-up to support daily meal
service; including working with ovens, coolers, freezers, other
kitchen equipment and utensils. Follows and maintains proper food
safety, sanitation and temperature control procedures. Maintains
accurate records using the point of sale and/or ordering systems
for food and supplies ordered and sold. Some positions replace the
kitchen coordinator as needed due to absences.REQUIRED
- Must be a current, permanent KSD employee in the KSFSA
bargaining unit or a food service substitute.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Current food handlers permit.**Please note that if you do not
meet the required qualifications for this position you will not be
considered for this position**PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of large scale food service preparation and food
safety and sanitation practices.
- Knowledge of proper food safety and sanitation procedures as
related to large scale food preparation and service.
- Ability to work in a team setting; enhance good working
relationships with other FNS employees, school staff, students, and
- Basic computer skills with the ability to keep and maintain
accurate records, handle cash receipts, and use email. Cashiering
- Strong customer service, listening, and communication
- Willingness to learn and improve food service skills and
knowlede by making use of educational opportunities including KSD
- Previous food service production and distribution experience or
any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training
- SNA (School Nutrition Association) preferred.WORKING
CONDITIONS: The work requires prolonged standing or walking, some
over the head and over the shoulder lifting, repetitive motions,
repetitive lifting of up to 40 pounds, working on wet or slippery
floors, bending, pushing, pulling, stretching, and working with
various machinery and cleaning chemicals. Some exposure to a visual
terminal and occasional exposure to cold or hot temperatures and
working with various machinery and cleaning chemicals.APPLICATION:
An application and/or food service bid form must be completed and
received in the Human Resources office no later than 4:30 p.m. on
the closing date.
- Position Type:Part-time
- Positions Available:1Job Category :Support Staff > Food
- No experience requiredContact Information
- Rosa Cabrera
- 12033 SE 256th St.
- Kent,Washington 98030
- Phone: (253) 373-7434
- Email: click here
Keywords: TrulyHired, Kent , Food Service Worker, Secondary - NS2148, Hospitality & Tourism , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!