Human Resources Generalist
Company: HD Supply
Posted on: September 13, 2020
Company Overview HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one
of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The
company provides a broad range of products and value-add services
to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in
maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction
sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and
six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000
associates provide localized, customer-driven services including
jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified
logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its
customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in
which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving
organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and
inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company.
Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow
professionally while providing competitive benefits and
compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and
achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD
Supply is ready for you! Job Description & Qualifications Job
Summary Provide HR support and counsel to a business/functional
line to include: staffing, compensation, benefits, learning,
associate relations, and performance management. Ensure consistent
application of HR policies/procedures. Act as liaison to other
departments and functional experts. Major Tasks, Responsibilities
and Key Accountabilities
- Administer core human resources programs including staffing,
associate relations, compensation, benefits, performance
management, and learning.
- Develop and recommend solutions to a variety of human resources
- Consult with management on the interpretation and
administration of human resources policies, programs, and
- Works with managers and associates to investigate and resolve
associate relations issues.
- Conducts staffing support including sourcing, interviewing
candidates, and conducting reference checks. Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving
missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in
more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives
guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review
typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or
direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level
support or professional personnel. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5
years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4
years of experience in a related field. Certification is required
in some areas. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Understanding of EAP and drug testing policies.
- Proficiency in Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, MS Outlook.
PRID PRID152 Job Locations US-WA-Kent Posted Date 2 days ago
(9/8/2020 7:51 AM) Job ID 2020-39362 Business Unit Facilities
Maintenance Functional Area Human Resources Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time Posting Location : Postal Code 98032 HD
Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD
Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates
without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor
prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, Kent , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!