Software Team Lead
Company: Blue Origin LLC
Posted on: November 19, 2021
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and
problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of
safety. This position will directly impact the history of space
exploration and will require your commitment and detailed attention
towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the
cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin's vision of
millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth. As
part of a hardworking team of diverse software creators, you will
lead day-to-day operations of a team designing, implementing and
verifying software to automate hardware testing for New Shepard.
You will collaborate with multi-functional, multidisciplinary teams
and share in the team's impact on all aspects of re-usable,
reliable software development. Our team delivers the software
packages used to test flight avionics and mechanical hardware
during acceptance and qualification testing. To be successful on
this team, you should have experience in:
- Implementing designs in C/C++ and Python, integrating software
components and conducting software verification
- Troubleshooting embedded and real-time systems
- Mentoring team members on careers in the aerospace industry or
software best practices
- Working with program leadership to set team priorities and
identify schedule risks
- Supporting and refining the team's internal standards and
processes to improve efficiency and work quality
- Building a positive and clear team culture and empowering team
members to speak up and take ownership of their contributions
- Communicating status, risks, variances, and recovery plans to
- Tracking technical performance measures to support the
development team in meeting defined performance goals
- Producing user documentation for software architecture, design,
verification, and configuration management.
- Defining and developing verifiable software requirements,
architecture and designs.
- Developing prototypes to prove out architecture and quantify
technical risks. We are looking for someone to apply their
technical expertise, leadership skills, and dedication to quality
to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our
mission and vision is required! Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of proven experience writing software and
deploying it to a production environment.
- At least 2 years experience leading software teams working in
dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Strong development skills in C/C++ and Python.
- Solid understanding of embedded software and real-time
- Ability to tackle technical problems even when given incomplete
or ambiguous requirements.
- Experience leading development projects, including developing
requirements, defining priorities, and handling scope, schedule,
- Hard working teammate with excellent written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive
relationships with customers and team members
- Ability to earn trust and contribute to our inclusive
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident
(current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as
a refugee or granted asylum.
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering, software
engineering, or related technical field with 10+ years of software
- Experience developing, verifying, certifying and releasing
mission and safety-critical software systems that comply with
DO-330, or similar guidelines.
- Experience with device drivers, bootloader, or kernel
development experience with debuggers, profiling, and tracing.
- Experience with the following programming languages: LabView,
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Experience with DOORs, Subversion, Docker, Jenkins, and
TestStand. To conform to U.S. Government commercial space
technology export regulations, including the International Traffic
in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 8 U.S.C. -- 1324b(a)(3), applicants for
employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national,
lawfully admitted for permanent residence into the U.S. (i.e.
current green card holder), or lawfully admitted as a refugee or
granted asylum under 8 U.S.C. -- 1157-1158. Learn more about the
ITAR--here .-- Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to
attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse,
and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on
the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We
support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that
fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees
recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members.
We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees
with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and
conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or
characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue
Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal,
state, and local laws. For more information on "EEO Is the Law,"
please see here and here . Affirmative Action and Disability
Accommodation Applicants wishing to view a copy of Blue Origin's
Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable
accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or
interview process, please contact us at
EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com . Posted 4 Days Ago R9424 About Us
Blue Origin was founded with a vision to enable a future where
millions of people are living and working in space to benefit
Earth. In order to preserve Earth, Blue Origin believes in the need
to enable humanity to expand, explore, find new energy and material
resources, and move industries that stress Earth into space. Blue
Origin believes it has an important role in building a road to
space and lowering the cost of getting there. At Blue Origin, we're
working on this today by developing fully reusable launch vehicles
and systems that are safe, reliable and affordable. Every launch
vehicle is designed for human spaceflight from the beginning and
able to ferry payloads to space.
Keywords: Blue Origin LLC, Kent , Software Team Lead, IT / Software / Systems , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!