Providence is calling a Social Worker (1.0 FTE, Day Shift)) to
the Providence PACE Program. We are seeking a Social Worker to
support our patient population in the Kent, WA area. We are a
community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to
provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially
those who are poor and vulnerable.
This position is offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus to eligible
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, provides social work
services to participants in a manner which is consistent with the
mission and core values of Providence Health System. Spends a
majority of time in direct service activities within the Center,
interaction with other team members, and ongoing assistance to
participants to address psychosocial issues. Based on comprehensive
assessments, provides perspective on the social, emotional,
cognitive and cultural factors that impact the creation of an
individualized integrated plan of care. Accesses community and
financial resources for participants and assures continuity of care
across the continuum. This is a collegial work environment with
opportunities to learn both clinical and case management skills,
opportunity to develop relationships with seniors and positively
impact their lives. We focus on wellness and whole person care in
collaboration with an interdisciplinary team of skilled PCPs and
allied health care professionals.
In this position you will:
* Complete comprehensive social work assessment and periodic
reassessment of participants, including mental status tools.
* Implement social work treatment plans and monitor
effectiveness of interventions.
* Identify placement options for participants in the continuum
of care settings and coordinate services during transition
* Provide participants and their families with psychosocial
support and education in dealing with life transitions and end of
* Identify ongoing mental health needs and coordinate treatment
services for participants.
* Serve as a liaison and advocate with community agencies to
ensure participants receive the full range of services for which
they are eligible.
* Interpret fiscal assessment of eligibility and fees to
participants and/or representatives as needed.
* Provide technical assistance in completing applications for
community and government-sponsored programs.
* Assist each participant, caregiver, other staff in
understanding the social/emotional factors related to health
problems and each participant's unique life history and
* Work closely with the interdisciplinary team to accomplish all
of the above.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited school of
social work or equivalent education/experience * Washington State
Agency Affiliated Counselor or LIACSW or LAASW or LICSW or LASW *
Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification
* Valid driver's license and automobile insurance
* 1 year work experience with the geriatric population
* 2 years social work experience including effective work with
geriatric age groups from diverse ethnic cultures
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence ElderPlace, located in Seattle, WA, is a PACE
(Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly), which keeps older
adults as healthy as possible in the community. We provide
comprehensive health care and social services including: primary
and specialty medical care, a day health program, social work
services, rehabilitation, housing (if necessary) and much more. The
Providence ElderPlace team of health care and social service
professionals and our affiliates provide comprehensive integrated
care to our participants.