Posted on: May 31, 2021
At Anixter, we give you an opportunity for a career and a great
work environment. We are a friendly, employee focused organization
that prides itself on customer service, flawless execution and a
hard day's work. If you are looking for a great work environment,
great benefits and an opportunity to grow your career, please read
We are looking for a well-rounded Operations Supervisor to
oversee our 55,000-sf facility in Kent, WA. The hours for this
position will be 9:00am - 6:00pm, Monday - Friday and will oversee
up to 12 employees.
Plan, direct, and coordinate the storage and distribution
operations of products and materials. Manage designated areas of
Warehouse Operation, oversee functional areas, and perform
manager's duties as assigned. Responsible for consistent
application of SOPs (Standard Operating Policies) and associate
administration in the facility.
- Ensures compliance with operating procedures for receiving,
handling, storing, and shipping of products and materials.
- Ensures a safe working environment for all associates including
surveying facility for repair and maintenance items, promoting and
managing safety programs; ensuring policy adherence for worker's
compensation and general liability issues.
- Review work orders, consumption reports, and demand forecasts
to estimate peak delivery periods and issue work assignments.
- Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving,
storing, and shipping products or materials.
- Trains staff to ensure attainment of department performance
- Manages and ensures successful achievement of performance goals
of assigned functional areas.
- Develop and implement plans for facility modification or
expansion, such as equipment purchase or changes in space
allocation or structural design.
- Schedule surface pickup, delivery, or distribution of products
- Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, and
operations maintenance and safety manuals.
- Opens and closes the distribution center, authorizes refunds,
and handles customer problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are looking for candidates with:
- 2+ years' experience in warehouse operations including
shipping, receiving, inventory and quality control.
- 2+ years' supervisory experience within a distribution center,
high-volume retailer, manufacturer, or production environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, management or related field
- Prior demonstrated experience managing a team of hourly union
associates in a fast-paced production, distribution, manufacturing,
retail or similar environment.
- Experience coaching and guiding employees. You're not a drill
sergeant; you're a coach who is able to connect with your team,
peers and leaders. You lead by influence and respect.
- Highly analytical with ability to; gather data, review data,
manage through those analytics and effectively communicate the
business translation to your team.
- Ability to handle pressure and multiple-competing priorities
and deadlines. You do not buckle under pressure when a high
priority item is placed in your hands, and you already have other
multiple priorities working.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated business communication skills, verbal and written,
- Experience with operational process and team development
- Excellent computer skills and aptitude.
- Self-directed, motivated and goal oriented with a strong sense
- Skilled at managing time and priorities through organization
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Able to dissect a problem and
present realistic solution.
- Knowledge of Electrical or Low Voltage products preferred but
- Medical, Dental and Pharmacy plan eligibility after 60
- Access to virtual doctor for common illnesses. Get advice from
a doctor without leaving your home!
- Annual health screenings available at no cost to you
- 401k with 50% company match
- Vacation time
- Holiday pay
- Employee preferred provider discounts through PerkSpot.com
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program - Big $$$ for referring great
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance programs
- Short and Long Term Disability programs
- Health saving options (FSA and HSA)
- Many more benefits available!
Check us out on the web at www.anixter.com for more
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical
manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer;
Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran
Click here to apply online
Keywords: Anixter, Kent , Operations Supervisor, Other , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!