Customer Outreach Coordinator
Company: Puget Sound Energy
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top
talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award
winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and
innovative future is now.
PSE's Corporate Communications team is looking for qualified
candidates to fill an open Customer Outreach Coordinator
Responsible for managing customer outreach and project
communications for System, Public Improvement, New Customer
Construction and Maintenance projects. Acts as a customer advocate
and customer liaison during project planning to minimize customer
impacts when possible. Engages directly with customers to relay
information and address customer concerns. Coordinates with Project
Manager and other internal groups, including Customer Outreach,
Communications, Customer Care and Government Affairs, to develop
and implement cohesive engagement plans and share project-related
Assists with development and implementation of outreach and
communications plans for Major Projects and other company
initiatives as needed.
Assists the Communications and Customer Outreach teams during
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE's
operating and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities.
Promotes and supports a culture of total safety.
- Assesses the outreach needs for specific projects based on
project impacts, benefits, location, and other factors.
- Develops and implements customer outreach and communications
strategy and tactics for hundreds of projects per year, in
coordination with the Project Managers, to effectively provide
project information and reduce potential project opposition.
- Develops collateral for customer notification, including
templates, postcards, letters, emails, outbound call scripts, door
hangers, presentations, maps and graphics, and video support.
Coordinates with Corporate Communications to ensure consistency in
PSE messages, voice and brand. Manages printing and graphics
- Manages relationships with affected customers on behalf of the
Project Managers. Represents PSE in the field by engaging directly
with customers, answering questions and acting as a liaison between
the customer and project team.
- Acts as a customer advocate. Raises issues on the customers'
behalf, works with the Project Managers to address customer
- Coordinates with internal groups to ensure information is being
shared to customer-facing employees and cohesive public outreach
strategies and plans are developed.
- Coordinates with PSE's Municipal Relations and Government
Affairs groups to ensure jurisdictional notification requirements
are met and city issues are addressed.
- Inputs and updates project information on the PSE website.
- Assists with development of goals, strategies, tactics and
- Acts as a subject matter expert for online communication tools
and notification processes used by the Project Managers, as needed.
Trains Project Managers and other technical staff on notification
processes and online tools.
- Identifies opportunities to evolve PSE's communications
tactics, strategies and approaches, including new media technology,
engagement strategies and processes.
- Use necessary programs such as SAP in developing and
implementing outreach materials and address lists.
- Supports other Communication Initiatives team members as need
in their assigned regions (an example would be Major
- Ability to work nights or weekends as needed.
- Performs emergency and storm duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in Communications, Media, Business or
related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years' related communications and/or customer outreach
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to support complex projects with cross functional teams
in a fast paced environment
- Ability to operate in a remote office with leadership at
- Experience with community outreach and comfort with engaging
directly with customers
- Extremely detail oriented and able to support complex projects
with cross-functional teams in an ever-changing and fast-paced
environment. Ability to track project status for multiple projects
at once is imperative.
- Ability to raise issues and concerns in a respectful and
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and relationship-building
- Comfortable working through conflict
- Ability to problem-solve and be creative when working with
Project Managers and teams to find solutions on behalf of our
- Strong focus on customer service
- Broad understanding of the natural gas system, as well as other
topics of customer interest, including company initiatives, safety,
EMF, energy efficiency and billing
- Experience working in a team-based organizational
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in coordinating and/or managing relationships with
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite
- Experience with public infrastructure outreach
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they
need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving
Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy
started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future
through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs
and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them
opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that
includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive
bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement
pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment
opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status
or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable
accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential
functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local,
state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or
reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please
contact the Human Res
Keywords: Puget Sound Energy, Kent , Customer Outreach Coordinator, Other , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!