Research Associate II/Scientist, Downstream Process Development
Posted on: September 9, 2021
Our client is a biotechnology company leading a new
generation of gene therapy. With their proprietary re-dosable
ceDNA technology, they are expanding the reach of gene therapy. Our
client's goal is to bring the life-saving benefits of gene therapy
to more people, living with a broader range of diseases, in more
places around the world. Their vision is to make the ravages of
genetic disease as imaginary to the next generation as polio feels
to children today.
They are a thriving, collaborative, creative community with diverse
talents, beliefs, and experiences headquartered in Cambridge,
Our client seeks an enthusiastic and highly motivated Scientist to
drive the development of downstream processes for the production of
our novel gene therapy product. This position joins a team of
scientists dedicated to developing downstream processes to support
the manufacture of early-stage clinical material. The successful
candidate will champion the continual improvement of our GMP
compliant process to support several clinical drug substance
candidates. Candidates with proven downstream process development
experience and an ability to adapt to a dynamic environment will be
highly valued. This role will have high visibility in a company
that is expanding to support a dynamic pipeline.
- Develop scalable and commercially viable processes for the
purification of our novel genetic medicines.
- Support downstream activities both internally and externally to
achieve key development milestones
- Author study plans, protocols, and reports.
- Design, prioritize and execute experiments including, operating
range studies and process improvements.
- Manage and execute in-house lab work and studies supporting the
development and generation of material for preclinical and clinical
- Support scale-up of process steps including filtration (depth
filtration, UFDF, sterile filtration), and chromatography
(affinity, IEX, etc).
- Support downstream tech transfer to CMO and build strong
relationships with collaborating companies.
- Prepare, analyze, and present data internally to
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, or related
discipline with minimum 6+ years of relevant experience or
Master’s Degree with minimum of 4+ years of relevant
- Proven technical proficiency in downstream process
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Strong collaboration and team working skills
- Proven ability to work independently, effectively plan and
analyze work activities and prioritize task completion to meet
schedules and deadlines.
- Knowledge of cGMP, FDA, and USP guidelines practices is a
Our client believes in a diverse environment and is committed to
equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified
applicants. They do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring,
training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons
of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other
legally protected status. They will make reasonable accommodations
for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance
with applicable law.
Keywords: Bevov, Kent , Research Associate II/Scientist, Downstream Process Development, Other , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!