Company: Univar Solutions
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Want to work for a
company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar
Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and
ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of
our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of
At Univar Solutions,
we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and
drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts,
scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and
marketers – to deliver consultative
services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation
and operational challenges. When you work for Univar
Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver
more than chemical and ingredients.
Directs the activities of Account Managers (AMs) to
achieve profitable growth for targeted products, markets, and
customers and leads and coaches in the development of their selling
- Creates and maintains sales territories and the
assignment of accounts to maximize AM
- Evaluates AMs effectiveness and productivity
through the tracking of account activity and sales and margin
growth. Implements improvement plans as
- Approves all customer off-list quotes and bids,
coaches AMs in identifying and utilizing market-based pricing
strategies. Ensures regular reviews and updates
- Plans and implements local sales plans to support
Univar’s product and product/market marketing and growth
- Assists in the hiring and training of new AMs.
Training includes defining expectations, sales process, sales
techniques and product/industry
- Conducts joint sales calls with AMs to provide
first-hand coaching in the development of selling skills and to
increase penetration of key accounts. Counsels and makes
recommendations to improve sales techniques and increase product
- Assists in and conducts sales and training
- Performs a territory review with each AM at least 4
times annually, ensuring territory plans and account growth plans
are documented and updated.
- Implements, advocates, and utilizes a CRM system.
Uses the CRM system as the primary business system to maintain
customer profiles, contacts, work notes, and activity management.
Ensures AMs consistently and accurate utilize the
- Safeguards all company assets including
- Acts as a liaison between sales support personnel,
account representatives, operations, administrative services and
AMs to improve overall sales effectiveness and customer
satisfaction. Ensures proper communication of customer product
volume changes and specific service
- Ensures proper communication between local sales
and corporate account, and that support actions required are
- Recommends product line opportunities, new
products, and new sales initiatives.
- Coordinates and administers corporate personnel
policies and programs within assigned territory and area of
- Highly developed selling, financial management and
- Strong leadership skills in coaching and team
- Ability to develop and grow strong relationships
with key customer contacts and suppliers.
- High level of decision-making ability balancing
customer needs and company objectives.
- Demonstrated communication skills, both written and
- Understanding of Univar Solutions service
offerings including: ChemCare, Mini Bulk, Industry
- Strong PC skills including: Excel, Outlook, CRM,
UVX, Information Warehouse, etc.
- Experience working with a CRM, specifically,
- Four year degree or equivalent
- Broad knowledge of chemical distribution – sales,
marketing, financial, procurement.
- Substantial and varied field experience
Univar Solutions is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive
benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and
life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
Keywords: Univar Solutions, Kent , Sales Manager, Other , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!