Custodian, Kent Elementary - MT2135
Posted on: November 23, 2021
This is a position is swing shift 3:00pm - 11:30 pm
8hrs/12moADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This 12 month position is part of
the AFT bargaining unit.PRIMARY PURPOSE: The purpose of this
position is to perform cleaning duties in assigned areas to assure
clean and sanitary conditions in a building. Performs minor
maintenance and repairs and checks security of building. Performs
outside grounds clean-up as a primary function of the job. The
essential job duties are as follows:
- --- Maintains assigned areas of responsibility in a clean and
- --- Helps set up, clean and fold cafeteria tables.
- --- Sweeps, mops, strips, and polishes floors; vacuums and spot
cleans carpets; empties wastebaskets into dumpsters; cleans and
empties trash cans; dusts and cleans working surfaces, walls,
cabinets, furniture, fixtures, etc.; cleans and sanitizes rest
rooms and kitchen including sinks, ovens, refrigerators, toilets,
stalls, and dispensers; restocks supplies as needed.
- --- Replaces light bulbs and makes minor repairs to
- --- Washes windows and mirrors; sweeps sidewalks, stairs, and
areas outside of building.
- --- Sets up tables and chairs; moves packages; cleans
- --- Assures security of assigned areas and reports unusual
occurrences to the head custodian or the security department as
- --- Reports building and equipment conditions and failures
requiring repair or preventive maintenance.
- --- Maintains custodial supply rooms and equipment in a clean
and orderly manner.
- --- Assists in monitoring and set-ups for community use
- --- Maintains a work environment that supports best resource
- --- Moves supplies, furniture, and equipment as requested.
- --- Maintains inventory of cleaning and restroom supplies.
- --- Replaces the head/assistant head custodian during absences
and performs the required duties of the position.
- --- Serves as member of the building operations team of the
building; performs related duties consistent with the scope and
intent of the position as assigned.WORKING CONDITIONS: The daily
work is performed both inside and outside the buildings and
requires the use of ladders, machines, and equipment, such as
scrubbers/buffers, wet-vacs, extractor, and related equipment. The
work requires walking between two and six miles a day and working
on slippery surfaces at various times of the years. The work is of
a manual nature and requires the ability to walk, bend, stoop,
crouch, climb, stand for long periods, twist, reach, push and pull,
use far and near visual acuity, and lift weights from ten to fifty
or more pounds to shoulder height. Weights over fifty pounds are
lifted with proper safety equipment. Vacuuming requires the use of
a backpack vacuum weighing eleven pounds when empty and sixteen
pounds when full. The work exposes the employee to cleaning
chemicals, fumes, and dust. Work requires adherence to established
dress guidelines, which includes provisions for safety. Some
positions may perform work on a graveyard shift. An employee may be
required to work other shifts on short notice. All positions are
required to work a day shift or modified shift to support team
cleaning and resource conservation measures during non-school
cleaning periods. Regular attendance is required.REQUIRED
- Graduation from high school (or equivalent) and some building
custodial experience; or any equivalent combination of experience
and training that would provide the applicant with the desired
knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the work.
- --- Knowledge of general cleaning and maintenance of buildings
including spot cleaning carpets, mopping and waxing floors, and
sanitizing kitchen and restrooms.
- --- Knowledge of and ability to use commercial janitorial
machines and power equipment, and chemicals used in cleaning.
- --- Ability to clean building according to established
standards of sanitation.
- --- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with
other employees and students.All positions close at 4:30 PM on the
listed closing date.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1Job Category :Support Staff >
- No experience requiredContact Information
- Rosa Cabrera
- 12033 SE 256th St.
- Kent,Washington 98030
- Phone: (253) 373-7434
- Email: click here
Keywords: TrulyHired, Kent , Custodian, Kent Elementary - MT2135, Other , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!