Whole Foods Team Leader
Company: Whole Foods
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Provides overall leadership to the Grocery team. Responsible for
all aspects of daily operations including profitability, expense
control, buying, merchandising, labor, regulatory compliance and
special projects as assigned. Accountable for Team Member hiring,
development, corrective actions and separations. All Whole Foods
Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by
providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers
and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in
accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures.
Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the
duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All
positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote
national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure
adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including
Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.Job
- Holds ATLs, supervisors and Team Members accountable for
delivering outstanding customer service.
- Builds a positive work environment of outstanding teamwork,
mutual respect and exceptional morale.
- Makes hiring and separation decisions.
- Accountable for monitoring and achieving sales, purchasing, and
- Maintains proper product assortment, merchandising, and
- Establishes and maintains collaborative and productive working
relationships with department leaders and with vendors.
- Sustains exceptional level of knowledge / awareness of relevant
competitors and industry trends.
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding
teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs
Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers;
responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels
Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and
- Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals.Job
- Sustains exceptional level of knowledge and awareness of
relevant competitors and industry trends.
- Advanced knowledge of products, buying, pricing, merchandising,
and inventory management.
- Food safety certification. If not currently certified, will
commit to completing certification within 6 months.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, and
customer relationship skills.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive
- Product knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial
performance, monitoring profitability, and managing inventory.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills, and
ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and
operations-related applications. Experience
- 24+ months retail experience including 12+ months of team
leadership experience.Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.Note: The purpose
of this document is to provide a general summary of essential
responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive
list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements
for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through
the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be
required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for
that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities
may differ for similar positions based on business conditions,
departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the
particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a
fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and
candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected
characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals
solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and
business needs. Associated topics: assistant general manager,
bakery manager, frontend, general manager, kitchen manager,
management, night shift manager, operations manager, partner,
Keywords: Whole Foods, Kent , Whole Foods Team Leader, Other , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!