Service Truck Operator
Company: Cox Enterprises
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Cox Automotive - USA
Job Family Group:
Day (United States of America)
This position assists in providing service to customers and their vehicles by disbursing and accurately recording gasoline disbursement in vehicles.
* Distribute and accurately record gasoline disbursed in vehicles.
* Enter fuel usage in AS400 via portable terminal (PT).
* Start vehicles, check fuel gages, mark vehicles that need fuel, and return to fuel them.
* Report and record Auction gasoline levels and alert proper person to avoid running out of gasoline in main fill area.
* Report inoperable vehicles to Supervisor.
* Report damage or malfunctioning equipment on vehicles (i.e., pumps, fuel trucks).
* Assist customers in locating vehicles.
* Assist in sale day duties as needed (i.e. drive, act as lane leader, jump start vehicles, etc.).
* Assist in audits of gasoline disbursement when necessary.
* Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* High School Diploma/GED and 7 years' experience.
* OR the right candidate could also have a different combination, such as any level degree/certification beyond a HS diploma/GED in a related discipline and 5 years' experience.
* OR 9 years' experience in a related field
* Prior Auction experience and general knowledge of Auction operations preferred.
* Valid driver's license and safe driving record required.
* Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
* Basic computer skills preferred.
* Ability to work safely in a fast-paced environment.
* Effective customer service and interpersonal skills required.
* Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
* Ability to enter and exit vehicles frequently.
* Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Moderate noise level.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
With more than 20,000 employees in operating locations around the globe, Manheim is the world's largest provider of vehicle remarketing services. Manheim is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free workplace.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently administer a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
Hourly pay rate is $15.58 - $23.32/hour. The hourly rate may vary within the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience. Position may be eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
Employees receive a minimum of sixteen hours of paid time off every month and seven paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are also eligible for additional paid time off in the form of bereavement leave, time off to vote, jury duty leave, volunteer time off, military leave, parental leave, and COVID-19 vaccination leave.
Through groundbreaking technology and a commitment to stellar experiences for drivers and dealers alike, Cox Automotive employees are transforming the way the world buys, owns, sells - or simply uses - cars. Cox Automotive employees get to work on iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book and industry-leading dealer-facing companies like vAuto and Manheim, all while enjoying the people-centered atmosphere that is central to our life at Cox. Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page. Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Keywords: Cox Enterprises, Kent , Service Truck Operator, Other , Kent, Washington
here to apply!