Day Shift Plating Operator - Level 3
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Posted on: May 25, 2023
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Selected candidates for a Plating Operator Level 3 position will be expected to successfully apply Plating and Passivate applications to variety of simple to complex steel detail part configurations. Candidates must be familiarized in Cadmium, Copper and Zinc/Nickel plating applications, the application of Post Chromate Conversion Coatings in both manual and tank processing, and methods of ferrous cleaning and Passivation applications. Level 3 Plating Operators shall be competent in all racking techniques and pre-cleaning operations such as vapor degreasing and solvent cleaning. Operators will be expected to perform mathematic calculations to determine part surface area for the aid of plating applications, and will be required to use measuring tools such as micrometers and Permascopes to determine pre and post dimensions of part features. Candidates must be self-disciplined and self-motivated individuals with strong accountability (attention to details) skills. Candidates must have the ability and desire to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced production environment, be resourceful and innovative along with presenting a strong business ethic and compliance to leadership and company policies, and a good communicator with the ability to represent the company in a positive manner. A Level 3 Plating Operator candidate will be expected to perform a variety of tasks which include but are not limited to: cleaning of plating equipment and tooling, racking and unracking of parts for processing, inspections of finished product, and provide guidance to other lower level plating operators. As a condition of assignment, Level 3 Plating Operator candidates may be expected to process product controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or Export Administration Regulations. As such these candidates may be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, Legal Permanent Residence or protected status as a Non-Citizen National of the U.S.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
* Reviewing and assimilating work instructions relating to racking, unracking, cleaning, passivate, and plating operations.
* Perform receiving inspections (before processing) as needed and immediately report any damage or discrepancy.
* Perform Cadmium plate, Copper plate and Zinc/Nickel plate process applications in accordance with specification requirements.
* Perform manual (localize touch up) and tank process applications of Post Chromate (chromate conversion coating) in accordance with specification requirements.
* Gathers supplies such as racks, tooling, baskets, carts (etc).
* Racking of production parts for cleaning, plating and passivate operations.
* Cleaning of production parts which include vapor degrease, solvent cleaning, and ferrous (acid) cleaning.
* Maintenance of racks and racking implements (stripping and repair).
* Pre and Post measuring and calculations of part surfaces and features for the purposes of control of dimensioned tolerances during plating applications.
* Will require use of personal protective equipment (PPE) during certain tasks (goggles, safety glasses, aprons, boots, gloves, hearing protection, etc) and be expected to comply with safety directives and policy.
* Will be exposed to chemicals/solvents and occasional fumes, wet/humid conditions, and moderate noise level.
* Will at times require heavy lifting or use of mechanical hoist for the aid in lifting objects.
* Work closely with area leadership to complete work and prioritize tasks.
* Clean, organize and maintain work area as prescribed by supervision.
* Complete documentation, counting of production parts, computer scanning, package to protect and transport, and other assigned tasks.
* Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
* Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
* Requisitions plating materials and tooling required to meet production goals.
* Must be able to mentor and train other employees.
* Basic mathematic skills: add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Ability to stand for prolonged periods with limited movement.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to work alone or as a member of a team, good cooperative skills.
* Ability to successfully apply Cadmium plate, Copper plate, and Zinc/Nickel plate to a wide variety of production aerospace parts in accordance with Boeing, Military and other specifications.
* Ability to successfully perform Passivation process.
* Demonstrate various techniques in racking and plating applications to achieve complete coverage (i.e. use of anodes, barrel plating, applied method for high current density areas).
* Must have strong leadership skills, ability to speak in front of a group, provide direction and guidance to lower level employees, and contributes to building a positive team spirit.
* Ability to read, write and communicate in English. Specifically, applicants must be able to read and understand written procedures and instructions.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast paced and ever-changing environment with multiple priorities.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively facilitate the implementation of significant changes in large organization.
* Must be able to perform basic in process inspection duties as required.
* Ability to provide good quality workmanship and have a strong attention to detail.Required Experience:
* (3) years minimum experience in the application of Cadmium, Copper, and Zinc/Nickel plating, ferrous cleaning and Passivation processing, and the support functions associated with the Plating department.Level of Education:
* General Standard education including the ability to read and write in English.
For informational purposes only, the range of pay for this role is $21.50 to $35 US Dollar (USD) Hourly based on a variety of factors. For informational purposes only, this role is eligible to participate in the Company's Quarterly Cash Bonus Plan, paid out at the quarterly bonus factor of 1X the Company's bonus multiple, based on the Company's performance in the applicable quarter. Employees will receive 80 hours paid time off every year. Employees will also receive 10 paid holidays. Employees (and their families) are eligible to participate in the company's medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are eligible to enroll in the Company's 401(k) plan.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Kent , Day Shift Plating Operator - Level 3, Other , Kent, Washington
here to apply!