Head of Environment, Social & Governance
Company: Society for Conservation Biology
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Head of Environment, Social & Governance
- Head of Environment, Social & Governance Job Advert Job role:
Head of Environment, Social & Governance Location: Remote -
occasional travel to our London, Luton office Hours: Monday to
Friday, 35 hours per week Emeria UK operates in the residential
real estate sector through its operating brands of FirstPort,
Mainstay, Knight Square and Campions. As Head of ESG you will be
contributing to Emeria's vision to be the leader of residential
real estate services in the UK & Ireland. Y ou will play a critical
role in driving our organisation's sustainability initiatives,
responsible business practices, and ESG reporting. You will be
- assessing and monitoring the company's environmental and social
- implementing ESG strategies,
- ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and industry
standards. Your expertise will contribute to enhancing our
reputation as a socially and environmentally responsible company.
Main Responsibilities ESG Strategy and Implementation :
- Develop and implement an ESG strategy aligned with the
organisation's goals and values.
- Identify and prioritize ESG issues and initiatives based on
stakeholder expectations and industry trends.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate ESG
considerations into business strategies and operations. ESG
Reporting and Compliance :
- Prepare and manage the company's ESG reporting framework,
including sustainability reports, ESG disclosures, and responses to
ESG surveys and questionnaires.
- Stay updated on relevant ESG regulations, standards, and
reporting frameworks (e.g., SECR, ESSOS GRI, TCFD) to ensure
- Conduct regular assessments and audits to evaluate the
company's ESG performance and identify areas for improvement. Data
Collection and Analysis :
- Establish and maintain processes for collecting, analysing, and
verifying ESG data from various sources within the
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to
measure and track progress on ESG goals.
- Conduct data-driven analyses to identify trends, opportunities,
and risks related to ESG performance. Stakeholder Engagement and
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to understand
their ESG expectations, concerns, and feedback.
- Collaborate with investor relations, corporate communications,
and marketing teams to effectively communicate the company's ESG
initiatives and achievements.
- Build and maintain relationships with industry peers, ESG
organisations, and external partners to exchange best practices and
stay informed about emerging ESG trends.
- Assess and mitigate ESG-related risks, including reputational,
operational, and regulatory risks.
- Provide guidance to the organisation on integrating ESG risk
management into decision-making processes and policies.
- Support the development and implementation of crisis management
plans related to ESG issues. Position in Organisation The Head of
ESG will report to the Director of Legal and be responsible for 1
direct report (Sustainability Manager) Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., sustainability,
environmental science, social sciences, business).
- Proven experience in ESG strategy development, implementation,
- Strong knowledge of ESG frameworks, standards, and reporting
guidelines (e.g., SECR, ESSOS GRI, TCFD).
- Familiarity with relevant ESG regulations and industry
- Proficiency in data collection, analysis, and reporting,
including the use of ESG software and tools.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a
- Professional certifications in ESG are desirable. Why choose
us? By joining us, you will work with industry professionals who
are committed to providing the highest levels of customer service,
as well as ensuring we put our people first. The benefits of
working with us can include free parking, free fruit, discounted
gym membership, a true work-life balance and the opportunity of
growth and progression. In addition to the core benefits, we also
offer a range of exclusive discounts on extra benefits to help you
and your family make the most of your money, safeguard your future
and look after your health. We're committed to promoting diversity
at Emeria and recruit on merit. We are an inclusive employer that
prides itself in being so diverse. What's next? To start your
application for this role we will ask you to upload your CV and
answer a few questions. Our recruiters will work with our managers
to review your CV. If unsuccessful you will be notified. If you
meet the criteria for the role, we'll be in touch to arrange a
short telephone interview and our shortlist of candidates will be
invited to attend interviews with the hiring manager.
Keywords: Society for Conservation Biology, Kent , Head of Environment, Social & Governance, Other , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!