Posted on: September 14, 2020
Transportation Supervisors are responsible for managing
Transportation Specialists, ensuring that daily tasks are completed
appropriately. OMs collect and analyze key terminal metrics using
Wayfair-provided tools, identify successful processes, gauge team
compliance with Wayfair SOPs, manage carrier relationships and
performance, engage terminal staff with team-building activities,
and update the team with important information related to safety,
talent, and SOP changes.
What you'll do:
- Manage a team of Transportation Specialists: keeping logs of
performance, holding regular 1-on-1 and team meetings, and engaging
the team in professional development conversations
- Address performance-based or behavioral issues in accordance
with Wayfair policy
- Maintain positive carrier relationships and monitor carrier
performance, holding regular meetings with carrier managers, and
offering creative solutions
- Pull and post daily, weekly, and monthly terminal metrics, as
well as analyzing key performance indicators to improve the
- Engage terminal staff with Wayfair-funded team events, posters,
flyers, merchandise, and updates
- Measure compliance with Wayfair's standard operating procedures
while adapting processes to the terminal's needs and sharing ideas
to improve existing processes
- Be available as a backup exempt leader in the absence of the
Terminal Manager, including to open and/or close, based on the
Terminal Manager's direction
- Support Customer Service and other partner teams in efforts to
maintain high customer satisfaction
What Youll Need
- BA/BS in management, administration, supply chain, customer
service, or 5+ years working experience in product
- Comfort with delivering and improving upon KPIs.
- A customer-centric approach, and the ability to build positive
partnerships with internal and external groups to optimize
- Organizational and detail-oriented skills.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to build and manage teams,
and hold an engaging daily meeting with your team.
- Proactive in identifying opportunities for improvement and
driving process improvements.
- Bi-lingual is a plus.
Keywords: Wayfair, Kent , Transportation Supervisor, Professions , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!