Vice President Integrated Supply Chain
Company: Blue Origin LLC
Posted on: February 19, 2021
The Blue Origin Vice President of Integrated Supply Chain is
responsible for all aspects manufacturing, including additive,
development, prototype, new product introduction, production and
assembly, across all Blue Origin sites. The role is also
responsible for manufacturing engineering, companywide procurement,
production control and manufacturing strategy. The successful
candidate will work closely with the business unit leaders and
other functional leaders to ensure Blue Origin meets its quality,
delivery and cost targets, which are the primary responsibility of
the Vice President of Integrated Supply Chain. This position will
directly impact the history of space exploration and will require
your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and
repeatable spaceflight. This role is an opportunity to define and
build a new organization, while providing critical leadership and
mentoring to the team. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop companywide fully integrated supply chain strategy that
meets company performance objectives and customer
- Develop, set and execute strategic and day-to-day performance
for all aspects of manufacturing, production, assembly including;
additive, development, prototype, new product introduction,
production and assembly across a multi-site national
- Work with P/L leaders in the development of business unit
strategies; reflect those strategies in the Integrated Supply Chain
strategic and execution plans.
- Partner with enterprise technologies define and implement and
refine business systems and tools to drive productivity and quality
- Set strategy and execute a centralized procurement commitment
to P&Ls and Functional organizations.
- Ensure all quality procedures and processes are properly
implemented throughout the Blue factory as well as subcontractor
- Keep production moving by ensuring materials are well
scheduled, evaluated and accurately delivered on time, every
- Support Business Units with design decisions, purchasing
strategy, and manufacturing plans in order to achieve efficient
logistics and a reliable, low cost sourcing strategy.
- Develop and manage alternate and backup supplier strategy and
risk mitigation strategies where on time and on-budget delivery is
a risk to the program.
- Serve as an advocate for supplier quality initiatives and
supplier engagement including an annual supplier summit.
- As a senior leader at Blue Origin, you will build and manage a
world-class team, including developing resource plans and profiles,
authoring job descriptions, conducting interviews, making hiring
recommendations, assigning tasks, supporting career development and
conducting performance reviews. QUALIFICATIONS: Required:
- 10+ years experience leading, managing, growing and developing
large multi-site teams a multi-site integrated supply chain
organization; manufacturing, production, assembly, procurement and
- Advanced knowledge in designing and building successful
delivery of manufacturing, production, assembly, procurement and
- Track record of excellence leading large, diverse organizations
and functions to deliver extraordinary results.
- Superior analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to identify
and solve ambiguous problems.
- A rich history of identifying needs and inventing new ways to
solve those needs.
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and
tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Successful experience in hiring and developing great people
with diverse skill sets.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration
skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels.
- Strong cognitive horsepower. Possessing both rapid processing
speed and learning abilities.
- Extreme attention to detail and desire to roll up your sleeves
while insisting on high standards.
- Highly organized and capable of planning and guiding complex
- Able to identify problems, perform root cause analysis, and
implement corrective actions.
- Experience implementing and leading SIOP (Sales, Inventory, and
Operations Planning) process to optimize the supply chain and
provide transparency to the organization
- Success leading organizations through large-scale change
management initiatives that influence culture, define tools &
processes and improve competencies.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional
relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident
(current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as
a refugee or granted asylum.
- Experience working with aerospace suppliers and
- Lean manufacturing and/or six sigma process implementation
- Earned Value Management (EVM) experience
- Manufacturing quality experience To conform to U.S. Government
commercial space technology export regulations, including the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 8 U.S.C. --
1324b(a)(3), applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a
U.S. citizen or national, lawfully admitted for permanent residence
into the U.S. (i.e. current green card holder), or lawfully
admitted as a refugee or granted asylum under 8 U.S.C. --
1157-1158. Learn more about the ITAR--here .-- Blue Origin is proud
to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to attracting,
retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and
dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the
basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We
support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that
fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees
recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members.
We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees
with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and
conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or
characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue
Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal,
state, and local laws. For more information on "EEO Is the Law,"
please see here and here . Affirmative Action and Disability
Accommodation Blue Origin is committed to taking affirmative steps
to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women,
protected veterans, and persons with disabilities in accordance
with applicable laws, regulations, and federal executive orders.
Applicants who wish to view the available portion of Blue Origin's
Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable
accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or
interview process, please contact us at
EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com . Posted 2 Days Ago R6771 About Us
Blue Origin was founded with a vision to enable a future where
millions of people are living and working in space to benefit
Earth. In order to preserve Earth, Blue Origin believes in the need
to enable humanity to expand, explore, find new energy and material
resources, and move industries that stress Earth into space. Blue
Origin believes it has an important role in building a road to
space and lowering the cost of getting there. At Blue Origin, we're
working on this today by developing fully reusable launch vehicles
and systems that are safe, reliable and affordable. Every launch
vehicle is designed for human spaceflight from the beginning and
able to ferry payloads to space.
Keywords: Blue Origin LLC, Kent , Vice President Integrated Supply Chain, Professions , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!