IT Support Technician I
Company: Wesley Homes
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The IT Support Technician I serves as the primary point of contact
for inbound IT support requests from employees and community
residents. Additionally, this role installs, configures, and
maintains business equipment, systems, and user accounts. Common
responsibilities include documenting inbound requests,
troubleshooting and resolving client requests, educating employees
and residents on general self-service tips, escalating systems
issues and/or complex matters, and repurposing and preparing
equipment for use. This position requires active listening,
independent analysis, problem solving, and a service-oriented
approach with internal and external clients.
- Receive and document initial telephone or electronic support
- Provide technical support services and after hours support (on
a scheduled rotation)
- Maintain IT ticket log and library of issue
- Install, configure and maintain desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile
devices and peripherals
- Remove old equipment and perform data migration to new
- Maintain an inventory of installed software; manage software
- Create user accounts and manage access control based on company
- Ability to travel from one work location to another to perform
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Associate's Degree in information technology, vocational
technology training or equivalent experience.
Licensure, Registration, Certification
- Valid Driver's license and proof of insurance.
Willing to be part of an on-call rotation
Experience working with printers and other computer peripherals
- Experience working with Microsoft Business Applications such as
Windows, Office and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Computer Networks.
- Experience with Helpdesk or Ticketing Systems.
- Service-oriented and desire to assist employees and residents
with diverse backgrounds and varying levels of technology
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills for
communicating with employees and residents.
- Ability to learn new software products quickly, and be able to
train other team members on how to maximize their use of
- Experience installing Windows operating systems.
- Experience in a professional office environment.
- Experience with Active Directory accounts
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Significant walking throughout campuses.
- Potential for long working hours during special
Keywords: Wesley Homes, Kent , IT Support Technician I, Professions , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!