Superintendent, Plant Process
Company: Ball Corporation
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Primary Purpose of the Position:Responsible for supervising and
driving plant process optimization for the functional area
What will you be responsible for?
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment.
This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating
monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and
investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing
improvement of the food safety system.
- Responsible for ensuring round the clock efficient operations
for assigned process area.
- Manages the resources and activities for functional area or
- Supervises process team members.
- Establishes maintenance procedures on equipment, including
planning, budgeting, execution, and periodic review.
- Responsible for planning, administering, and managing the
budget for assigned process area.
- Applies knowledge of functional area to conduct system and
process analysis, identifies opportunities for improvement, and
makes recommendations to management.
- Participates in designing and overseeing new systems and
processes that improve and enhance plant performance in the areas
of safety, quality, productivity, and cost reduction.
- Collects and organizes data in order to generate and maintain
reports and schedules related to functional area.
- Arranges for training of employees in proper maintenance
programs and procedures for plant production equipment.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating
procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Communicates with the emergency coordinate (EC) or
Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding
environmental management activities.
- Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during
emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment,
and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level
required by the position.
- Understands, completes, and maintains environmental
documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed
by the EC, EFP, or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping,
maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP, or EM on
the status of assigned responsibilities.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and
procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the
safe performance of the work assignment.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation,
through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation
as directed during training or by the EC. Understands and practices
proper accumulation and storage requirements for wastes.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through
college or education or work-related experience.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Job related experience for 5 year(s) minimum.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but
not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to
- Must wear appropriate safety glasses, hearing protection,
clothing, and footwear in appropriate areas and follow safety
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation,
selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard
plant production, chemical process, and warehouse techniques,
procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to negotiate with contractors for facilities/building
- Maintains an awareness and complies with hazardous waste
management and other environmental management requirements in the
workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $77,200 - 115,500 (Salary to be determined
by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and
abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market
- Job Grade: Global Grade 11
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate
in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes
a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click
"Total Rewards" to learn more.
- Relocation offered
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving
fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does
not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job
application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In
person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball
Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball
will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check
during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have
questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our
careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal
information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity EmployerMinority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay,
Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans
Keywords: Ball Corporation, Kent , Superintendent, Plant Process, Professions , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!