Chemical Maintenance Operator - Swing Shift
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Posted on: June 23, 2022
United States of America
State / County
Full Time, Permanent
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Level 1 Chemical Maintenance Operators will undergo mandatory
in-house training regarding hazardous waste duties during their
introductory period and annually thereafter. Level 1 Chemical
Maintenance Operators, under direct supervision, will be expected
to perform a variety of tasks and supporting functions relating to
the chemical maintenance department which include; daily
conformance checks of chemical processing tanks, replenishment of
production solvents, disposal of waste solvents, paints and
chrome-laden product, and replenishment of chemical rinse tanks.
Chemical Operators will become familiar with basic operation of
equipment and machinery which include operation of the waste water
treatment system, on-site compactors and presses, and chemical
scrubber/eliminator systems. In addition, level one chemical
operators will regularly clean and maintain on-site storm drain
inserts, and monitor and control basic chemical inventory,
segregation, and storage. Candidates must be self-disciplined and
self-motivated individuals with strong accountability (attention to
details) skills. Other responsibilities will include maintaining a
clean and organized work area, as well as adherence to all
organization safety rules and regulations. As a condition of
assignment, Level 1 Chemical Maintenance Operators candidates may
be expected to access information and product controlled under the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or Export
Administration Regulations. As such these candidates may be
required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship, Legal Permanent
Residence or protected status as a Non-Citizen National of the
U.S.Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintaining regular and punctual attendance according to
shift-times or a pre-arranged work schedule.
- Follow all policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Will require use of personal protective equipment (PPE) during
certain tasks (goggles, safety glasses, aprons, boots, gloves,
hearing protection, etc) and be expected to comply with all safety
directives and policy.
- Work independently or as a team member as required by job.
- Transfer or change Paint Shop solvents and used/waste paint
- Removal and proper disposal of waste chemicals, solvents and
paints. This will include removal and proper disposal of
chrome-laden paint product from paint vacuums, collection bins, and
paint booth air filters.
- Cleaning/maintenance of on-site storm drain inserts.
- Pump rinse tanks from plating lines.
- Perform daily conformance checks and monitoring of production
tank temperatures and chemical additions.
- Perform start up and/or shut down of operating systems which
include: wastewater treatment system; on-site compactor; sludge
press; Nickel ion, Chrome, and Nitric scrubbers; and on-site WWIX
flow-through water system.
- Will be expected to operate forklift, pallet jacks, wheeled
carts, or dollies for the safe loading and unloading of chemicals
and dangerous waste.
- Basic proper handling of dangerous chemical waste and used or
waste solvents including on-site handling, transfer, and basic
- Perform basic chemical inventory (Chemical Segregation and
- Operators will be exposed to various production solvent and
corrosive chemicals, odors and occasional fumes, wet/humid
conditions (indoors), outside weather conditions, and moderate
noise level.Required Skills
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must be detail oriented and quick learner.
- Good communicator with ability to represent the company in a
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a team, good
- Excellent vision (whether or not corrected) including normal
- Understanding of basic operations of the wastewater treatment
system; on-site compactor; sludge press; Nickel ion, Chrome, and
Nitric scrubbers; and on-site WWIX flow-through water system.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
Specifically, applicants must be able to read and understand
written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and push or pull up to
100 lbs. using assistive equipment.Required Experience
- No Experience Required
- Complete all training requirements, on job training, and
achieve passing grades for applicable general, specific and
practical exams for Level I Chemical Maintenance Operator.Level of
EducationGeneral Standard education including the ability to read
and write in English.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Kent , Chemical Maintenance Operator - Swing Shift, Professions , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!