2nd Shift - Senior Distribution Coordinator
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Senior Distribution Coordinator
Who we are looking for:
We are currently looking for a Senior Distribution Coordinator to
be based out of Kent, WA. Reporting to the Distribution Center
Manager, this person will be responsible for coordinating
distribution functions for including assisting in safety programs,
record keeping, assist in training, inventory management, and
What you'll do:
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Prepares, tracks, and maintains necessary distribution
documentations, standard work, inventory lists along with other
record keeping for the site
- Ensure policies and procedures are updated by effective record
keeping and are maintained to drive effective receipt, handling,
storage and distribution of product
- Review and recommend improvements for existing distribution
policies and procedures on a routine basis while managing the
- Track performance of all Logistics Metrics to make certain
required service levels are met and to report out Pareto on our
weekly Commercial Metrics call
- Work with cross functional teams to facilitate resolution for
both internal and external issues while tracking KPI's and TTI's at
our daily Gemba meeting
- Performs order status inquiry for all completed orders. Adjusts
orders as necessary when damages or shortages occur.
- Monitors progress throughout shift to support the completion of
- Performs physical counts, cycle counts, and periodic inventory
- Participate in 5S + Safety auditing
- Encourages and is receptive to suggestions and new ideas.
Recommends new techniques, systems, and procedures
What you'll bring:
- 3 - 5 years in a distribution coordinator role, preferably in a
- Knowledge of distribution center management in areas such as
bulk and pick pack
- Knowledge of LTL, TL, and containerized shipments
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Six Sigma/Lean experience preferred
- Strong understanding of metrics used to assist management in
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
including Excel and Outlook.
- Extensive experience with WMS and Scanning Systems operations
and capabilities, JD Edwards and RF Smart preferred.
- Customer focused
- All associates must embrace and foster an environment that
supports our core values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity,
Within 3 months, you'll:
- Complete any required training
- Have developed relationships with the key stakeholders for this
- Be well-versed in Atkore's Business System and the importance
of your role to daily operations.
Who we are:
Atkore is a recipient of a Great Place to Work - certification and
a Top Workplaces USA award! We're committed to creating an engaged
and aligned workforce that drives collaborative culture. Our team
strives for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout
leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company. We
consistently live the Atkore mission, strategic priorities, and
behaviors, all in a way that's consistent with our core values.
Together, we build strong leaders that continually endeavor to move
With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities
worldwide, Atkore is a leading
provider of electrical, safety and infrastructure solutions.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
Keywords: Atkore, Kent , 2nd Shift - Senior Distribution Coordinator, Professions , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!