Safety Health Work Practice Consultant
Company: Puget Sound Energy
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top
talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award
winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and
innovative future is now.
PSE'sOperations Solutionsteam is looking for qualified candidates
to fill anopenSafety Health Work Practice Consultantposition!
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position
will be discussed in further detail during the interview
Works as a member of the corporate safety team to champion and
support all aspects of safety and health for employees. Provides
technical guidance to employees regarding health and safety issues.
Attends safety meetings to promote awareness and to provide
internal customer support. Develops and provides specialized
training. Develops, presents and assists in the implementation of
safe work practices and procedures based upon on-site observations,
data sampling and regulatory compliance. Assists with
investigations of incidents and near misses. Assists with work
practice assessments to ensure compliance. After hours emergency
response may be required.
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE's operating
and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes
and supports a culture of total safety.
Demonstrates commitment to conduct business honestly, ethically and
consistent with our core values and Code of Conduct. Ensures duties
are performed in accordance with all regulatory compliance
- Facilitates company-wide safety, awareness and
- Coordinates safety activities.
- Develops safety plans and procedures.
- Facilitates exchange of safety and health information and
- Works with management, safety committees and employees to
identify potential safety problems and solutions.
- Designs safety, health, and training programs to comply with
federal, state, and local safety and health regulations.
- Helps develop and present training programs to improve the
safety and health of all employees.
- Maintains employee interest and awareness in safety and health
matters, and helps management set a good example in safety
practices. This is accomplished by:
- Ensuring that safety and health programs are kept
- Ensuring that all employees have ample opportunity to become
thoroughly familiar with this Company awareness through continued
training and communication of safety and health programs.
- Promoting safety and health-related matters.
- Conducts compliance assurance reviews to verify
- Coordinates safety, health and compliance efforts on issues as
they overlap with standards and compliance, environmental services,
risk and claims, security, and other departments as
- Supports business units.
- Conducts safety and health inspections and audits.
- Investigates all serious and other selected accidents with the
help of the business units.
- Maintains records and communications.
- Provides after hours emergency response as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Hygiene, Safety
Engineering, Industrial Safety, or related field or equivalent
- Experience with worker safety regulations. Basic computer
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a fast
paced, diverse setting with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
at all levels of the organization and with external contacts.
- Electrical utility journeyman-level status and
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical and natural gas principals
and power generation systems.
- Demonstrated experience in investigation and evaluating
occupational accidents and near misses.
- Demonstrated experience in coordination and facilitating health
and safety regulatory inspections.
- Experience in program/project management.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them
opportunities to excel. We offer a competitive compensation and
The pay range for this position is$73,900.00 -$122,900.00, and this
position is eligible for annual goals based incentive bonuses.
PSE offers a suite of benefits to our employees. Employees are
eligible for medical, dental, vision, basic life, and short- and
long-term disability insurance. There are additional voluntary
options of supplemental life insurance, accidental death and
dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts for health care
and dependent daycare, and an Employee assistance program (EAP).
For long term savings, PSE offers a 401(k) investment option and a
cash balance retirement plan. Employees will also receive Paid Time
Off (PTO) and Paid Holidays throughout the calendar year.Detailed
benefit overviews can be found on our Career page - Why Work For Us
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they
need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving
Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy
started in 1873. Today we're building the Northwest's energy future
through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs
and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them
opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that
includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive
bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement
pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment
opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status
or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable
accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential
functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local,
state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or
reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please
contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or
Keywords: Puget Sound Energy, Kent , Safety Health Work Practice Consultant, Professions , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!