Site Reliability Engineer
Company: AXA Group
Posted on: March 11, 2023
It's an exciting time to join the Digital team here at AXA
Health, with significant investment planned in all UK&I
businesses to transform, deliver new digital services to our
customers, streamline, and automate our business processes. We
currently have a need for a Site Reliability Engineer.As Site
Reliability Engineer, you'll take ownership of our mission to build
our new Digital Platform which has minimal BAU cost, and maximum
performance and reliability for the investment. This is to be done
through automation of all available processes, and comprehensive
management through softwareAt AXA we're adopting a Hybrid way of
working, empowering our people to balance their time between home
and the office in a way that works best for them, their team and
our customers.What you'll be doing:
- Document existing processes, and automate those using software
you write yourself, and/or using 3rd party software tools.
- Build, operate, maintain and (working with Engineering and
Architecture), optimize all of our Cloud Infrastructure (including
our PaaS infrastructure in Azure, and our SaaS platform components
such as Salesforce).
- Work with Product Engineering teams on recommendations to
development changes to support higher reliability.
- Liaise with internal suppliers of our services and product
teams to improve speed and reliability in end to end solutions and
associated CICD processes.
- Work with our Information Security teams to ensure Security
policies are implemented in the most efficient and flexible
- Design, build, operate monitoring and alerting technology for
large, complex multi-site b2c and b2b applications.
- Design, build, operate and optimise logging technology so that
more and more data can be gathered about sites' holistic
- Build comprehensive documentation and software such that all
actions are repeatable.
- Improve and automate operational processes (deployments,
upgrades, internal workflows).
- Trace issues through multiple systems, working with developers
where needed, in order to find and diagnose root causes.
- Fix issues and feedback to the development teams their
processes and demonstrably reduce the chance of the same issue
- Work with internal customers of your SRE products (e.g.
monitoring, alerting, software) to ensure lifecycle management is
- Working within an agile program and teams, adhering to Scrum or
Kanban protocols.Your Profile
- Solid experience working as an SRE or similar role, in a large
- Proven experience with Azure, including: setup, configuration,
- Strong programming skills (C#, powershell, scripting
- Proven experience working with Salesforce (automating SDLC
stages involving SF, monitoring & alerting)
- Experience with Azure DevOps and multi-stage pipelines.
Managing large scale software estates from a operational
perspective (build, release, monitoring, rollbacks, High
- Demonstrable experience with common infrastructure platforms,
apps and services (Azure, Nginx, HAProxy, Consul/etcd,
splunk)experience with Linux and the shell also desirable.
- Experience with Containerisation systems an advantage (e.g.
- Strong networking protocol knowledge (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP/3,
AMQP, streaming protocols etc) and cloud network design (VPNs,
subnets, regions/zones etc).
- Strong database knowledge and experience (any of; relational,
graph, document, various consistency models).
- Experience with IaC toolchains (e.g Terraform).About AXAWith a
presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the
needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.But never too big to
care for every single person who works here.So when you join us,
wepromise to put our collective might behind you and your
career.You'll work in an open and supportive environment where
you'll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to
achieve even bigger and better things - nationally and
internationally. You'll learn directly from senior leaders, from
the best in our business. And you'll enjoy real responsibility,
really early on.Every large company today talks about supporting
diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an
integral part of everything we do. For us, it's about bringing
together the best talent, helping people to realise their full
potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering
outstanding service to everyone - regardless of difference.About
the EntityAXA Health is the UK healthcare specialist for the AXA
Group. Whatever our customers' health goals, we help them get
there. That could be getting someone physio for an injury that's
holding them back, or finding them the right specialist to take
their treatment forward. Our team are experts in their fields: from
experienced cancer nurses to pioneering data analysts; from our
highly respected customer service team to our wide-ranging in-house
team of clinicians. We all work together to be the best we can
be.What We OfferOne of the best things about joining AXA is our
rewards package. At AXA UK, we're appreciative of the people who
work for us and our rewards package is reviewed regularly to
reflect that. You can expect to receive:
- Competitive annual salary
- Annual company & performance-based bonus
- Contributory pension scheme (up to 12% employer
- Life Assurance (up to 10 x annual salary)
- 28days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy up to 5 extra days leave or sell up to 3
- AXA employee discounts
- Gym benefitsOur ambition is to become one of the most inspiring
companies to work for, as such we're committed to supporting
employee needs, providing meaningful career development and
celebrating differences. We understand that everyone has individual
work and home life responsibilities, therefore we're happy to
discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, should this be
a requirement for you.We look for candidates with the right skills
and values to join us and selection is based on a fair and equal
process. As a regulated financial services company, all successful
candidates will be subject to preemployment checks. We're committed
to providing equal opportunities for all, therefore we welcome and
encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. As a
disability confident employer, we're pleased to offer our support
and access to the AXA Accessibility Concierge should you require an
alternative method of applying or any reasonable adjustments to be
made during the recruitment process.To apply, click 'Apply Now' and
you'll be able to upload your profile/CV from there. If you'd like
to discuss this role further or would like to engage with our
Accessibility Concierge, please send an email to
Keywords: AXA Group, Kent , Site Reliability Engineer, Professions , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...