Quantity Surveyor - Highways
Company: Pinnacle Recruitment Ltd
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Quantity Surveyor - Highways Home - Civil - Quantity Surveyor -
Salary: -45000 - 55000
Region: KentWe are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to
work for a UK leading Highways Maintenance contractor based in Kent
working on various schemes across area 3 & 4.As the successful
candidate you will manage all costs and contracts relating to
projects within the company, from the initial calculations to the
final figures. You must seek to minimise the costs of a project and
enhance value for money, while still achieving the required
standards and quality.
- You will be responsible for estimating, surveying, cost
planning and commercial management throughout the entire life cycle
of the project from inception to post-completion.
- Provide advice and guidance to Project QS and Assistant QS and
assist the Managing Surveyor with review and authorisation of S/C
Orders and S/C Payments.
- Show good communication skills in overseeing Project QS &
Assistant QS, ensuring instructions are clear and concise and
responses are met within a defined time frame.
- Cost planning and commercial management throughout the entire
life cycle of the project from inception to post-completion.
- Value determination. Risk management and calculation.
- Procurement advice and assistance during the tendering
procedures. Tender analysis and agreement of the contract sum.
- Commercial management and contract administration. Assistance
in dispute resolution.
- Interim valuations and payment assessment. Cost management
Assessing the additional costs of design variations, and providing
substantiation production of company pre-qualification
questionnaire (PQQ) documentation in line with company
- Aid support and guidance on commercial issues
- Experience / Qualifications: Recognised Quantity Surveying
- Previous experience within a similar role NEC3 experience
- Good knowledge of Early warnings and CE procedures within
- Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team and using
own initiative Excellent communication skills both written and
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft
Office and bespoke packages Good organisational skills and the
ability to prioritise
- Ability to work to deadlines and with minimum supervision
Benefits: Basic Salary, Car or car allowance, Pension Contributions
and Private Healthcare. Apply For This JobTitle
Keywords: Pinnacle Recruitment Ltd, Kent , Quantity Surveyor - Highways, Professions , Kent, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!